Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fairview 62 Ashland 53

Featured Replies

Please someone put out an APB on AT 41.Where is he?On the Ashland-Fairview thread which had 150 responses AT had 40 of them.Surely with 40 posts and most with full confidence of a Tomcat victory he can give us his views of the game.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please someone put out an APB on AT 41.Where is he?On the Ashland-Fairview thread which had 150 responses AT had 40 of them.Surely with 40 posts and most with full confidence of a Tomcat victory he can give us his views of the game.

 

This just in, I heard he's home trying to grow some bangs! :laugh:

BTW Ashland has a very tough game this evening vs. Lexington Catholic and although I was rooting against Ashland last night I hope thet play well and can pull out a victory.I hope every fan in the region pulls for a 16th region team when they play out of region teams.

...I hope every fan in the region pulls for a 16th region team when they play out of region teams.

 

A man after my own heart. :thumb:

 

Frances

Please someone put out an APB on AT 41.Where is he?On the Ashland-Fairview thread which had 150 responses AT had 40 of them.Surely with 40 posts and most with full confidence of a Tomcat victory he can give us his views of the game.

 

Bragging before the game and hiding under the bed after the game. You have to wonder why other Ashland people don't tell him to go away...

I don't know why but after the technical against Ashland for having the wrong number listed for a player in the scorebook and Fairview sank the freethrows on the foul and the technical and then scored on the possession, this cut the 12 point lead to 6 and Ashland wasn't the same team after that.

 

Congrats to Fairview on a well deserved win and don't worry Tomcat fans we will be ready in March.

I'm going to repeat a statement that I have made before. Ashland fans are the most loyal anywhere. When most other teams lose, their fans second guess and complain without ceasing. With every Ashland win (somewhat few and against fairly weak competition so far), we are told that Ashland has "turned the corner" and is "putting it all together". After each loss, we are told that they will be "ready in March" and "still have their football legs". This post is not meant to be critical. It is really a salute to the faithful on Blazer Boulevard. Other schools should have such optimistic followers. Now, having said that, AT41 needs to step up and be courageous.

 

In defense of Bird33, I believe he has a good knowledge of Ashland's talent level for the next five years. Of course, transfers and out of district enrollees could change the picture some. Also, onetoya, I don't think Bird33 said Matt wasn't playing "his best". Instead, I think he was saying that Matt would possibly fare better in another program. Don't be so defensive. It was merely an educated opinion.

Good to hear from our "esteemed" and "knowledgeable" friend, Shoeshine. I am pleased that he has changed his colors and is now defending AT41. It seems that he took a different route in his above posts. AT41 is a partisan. However, he has earned his right to be so and to participate in the give and take. Shoeshine, on the other hand, needs to earn some credibility. I wish him well.

Good to point out hypocrits.

 

 

I'd like to hear from some of the Ashland fans - to see how much of the shooting problems fall on their players and how much was because of good defense from Fairview. We all know that it's some combination, but I want see what the Tomcat fans think.

After reading the paper, I found it amazing that Williams only took 2 shots. What is up with that? Ashland needs to get him more involved in the offense IMO. Williams is a good player and I would be interested to hear from some people at the game if his 2 shots were because of defense or just the ball not going to him.

Excellent point from kinglion. Ashland can't win with just Matt and McDavid. Brandon needs more opportunities.

I was wrong about the foul shots last night but I must hasten to state that, from what I have been able to find out, many of Blazer's fouls and Fairview's foul shots came in the closing minutes when Blazer was trying to catch up. Congratulations to Fairview. Does this game make Blazer number three in their district and ahead of only little Rose Hill?

... Does this game make Blazer number three in their district and ahead of only little Rose Hill?

 

I would say that based on their district records, it does.

 

What do you think their rankings on January 7th mean come tournament time?

 

If the 64th seeds, it still won't mean much this year - 3 of the 4 can win it. Truth to tell, I don't even remember if the 64th seeds or draws. I've been gone too long.

 

Frances

I think that they are seeding in the 64th, but the way these teams are playing it really doesn't matter. Boyd and Fairview are the top 2 for now, but that can all change come tournament time.

I believe that the 64th is a draw this year with Fairview and Rose Hill electing to draw while the BIG BOYS Ashland and Boyd Co. wanted to seed. 3 0f the four teams have to vote for seeding in order for the district to seed.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.