Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1997 mudbowl. Highlands v CovCath

Featured Replies

  • Author
Thsnks Mex. I watched it up until 4th qtr last night. Wasnt the QB Keys kid from Campbell Co? Kid that impressed me the most for Highlands Was Stinson on offense. How times change, saw a ton of two-way players.

 

Yes, Kues was from Cold Spring. He was going to go to play w/ us at NewCath after he played for the Red Devils, but went to CovCath, as did Madden. We used to hang out throughout high school. Stinson was extremely fast. Also, you got to see two of the better middle linebackers that NKY has ever seen in Tim Wolf from CovCath and Nathan Lindeman from Highlands. Both were extremely good.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's really see what tide detergent can do....

 

I know...it was INCREDIBLE how muddy we were, and how muddy that field was. We were scraping mud off of each other my the fistful between series on the field. I still remember the feeling of jello-wy legs the next morning after having tried to keep balanced all night in that much muck.

Yes, Kees was from Cold Spring. He was going to go to play w/ us at NewCath after he played for the Red Devils, but went to CovCath, as did Madden. We used to hang out throughout high school. Stinson was extremely fast. Also, you got to see two of the better middle linebackers that NKY has ever seen in Tim Wolff from CovCath and Nathan Lindeman from Highlands. Both were extremely good.

 

Truth.

In case you are being serious I will just say that it is strange that we have had a thread w Highlands in the title, and have had only 2 Highlands fans respond.

 

Nah, I knew the answer to the question when I posted it. My attempt at a little humor I guess

The lick Wolf put on #26 near the foso line Was impressive. The kid Was staggering like a prize fighter and had to go back down.

 

Lindeman Was a besar for sure and Kuenhein looked impressive.

  • Author
The lick Wolf put on #26 near the foso line Was impressive. The kid Was staggering like a prize fighter and had to go back down.

 

Lindeman Was a besar for sure and Kuenhein looked impressive.

 

That was actually Pfeifer #43. The announcers got it wrong. I was right behind that hit in the end zone, and live it was unbelievable. Noah Gibson is a tough dude, but that was just a great shot. I see Pfeifer almost every night before Thanksgiving. We talk about it from time to time.

  • Author
The lick Wolf put on #26 near the foso line Was impressive. The kid Was staggering like a prize fighter and had to go back down.

 

Lindeman Was a besar for sure and Kuenhein looked impressive.

 

Also, you should see Lindeman's game against Moeller at the beginning of the season when they almost beat them. They lost by one pt. to the eventual DI Ohio runners-up in what would have been the Birds biggest win ever. It would have been bigger than beating St. X. Steve Klonne spent the whole post game interview raving about how destructive he was to Moeller's offense.

The lick Wolff put on #26 near the foso line Was impressive. The kid Was staggering like a prize fighter and had to go back down.

 

Lindeman Was a beast for sure and Kuenhein looked impressive.

 

That was actually Pfeiffer #43. The announcers got it wrong. I was right behind that hit in the end zone, and live it was unbelievable. Noah Gibson is a tough dude, but that was just a great shot. I see Pfeiffer almost every night before Thanksgiving. We talk about it from time to time.

 

 

I can tell you, from Cov Cath's perspective, that hit was an absolute game-changer for the team - well...and for the crowd as well. No question about it, if that hit hadn't happened, Highlands would have won state in 1997.

 

Mex is right, too, it was an absolutely unbelievable hit live. I don't remember how well the video shows it, but the entire Cov Cath defense had bitten pretty hard on the sweep around their left side, and Pfeiffer was back playing strong safety. Pfeiffer got caught off his game for a second, but then saw Gibson going deep back around his right side, and was right there to clock him when Lorenzen put the ball in his numbers. Seeing that entire play develop is a thing I'll never forget. Unless I'm mistaken, Gibson was taken to the hospital at the half.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.