Conner Assistant Coaches

Is Hicks on the hot seat? I have always thought he did a good job, but they have underachieved the last two years.

They certainly did not underachieve last season as they had no varsity experience returning and the kid that would have been PG didn't play. Last year's team battled.

They certainly did not underachieve last season as they had no varsity experience returning and the kid that would have been PG didn't play. Last year's team battled.

Agree, they were playing on house money last year IMO. Barker and Hemmerich played well and Padgett overachieved playing the 4 spot. Kind of hard when you have to use Barker as your 5. He can play face up and drop a 3 in your eye. They just lacked a Mule on the blocks. PG was a struggle for them last year, who will take the reigns this year?

Anybody who makes you fire your assistants. Hicks is a good coach, I did not intend to question Coach Hicks' ability. I was simply wondering if the firing of his assistants had anything to do with people being unhappy with the program. I am in no way close to the Connor program, it was simply a question. As far as who puts heat on a high school coach; parents, boosters, administrators, etc. this forum has a number of open threads regarding successful coaches that got fired. Who put heat on Lemaster and Wise?

Anybody who makes you fire your assistants. Hicks is a good coach, I did not intend to question Coach Hicks' ability. I was simply wondering if the firing of his assistants had anything to do with people being unhappy with the program. I am in no way close to the Connor program, it was simply a question. As far as who puts heat on a high school coach; parents, boosters, administrators, etc. this forum has a number of open threads regarding successful coaches that got fired. Who put heat on Lemaster and Wise?

Well played.