14th region champs

There is no doubt that Leslie County has the best basketball team in the 14th region. I know they lost to PCC, but that was early in the season. I can assure you that won't happen again. Leslie County is tough! All of the Lee County fans should be glad they won't have to face the eagles rath during the regular season because Leslie would easily handle them.

There is no doubt that Leslie County has the best basketball team in the 14th region. I know they lost to PCC, but that was early in the season. I can assure you that won't happen again. Leslie County is tough! All of the Lee County fans should be glad they won't have to face the eagles rath during the regular season because Leslie would easily handle them.

:laugh: Now you know you have to be opening up a big ole can worms with a statement like that.

Obviously a Eagles fan here. OK, first of all, if you haven't beat the team that beat you, you can't consider yourself the best. As I have posted on this forum, I am not from Lee County and normaly don't consider myself a fan, but this year I think Lee has the team that could go to Rupp. I really believe that Lee could give Leslie all they want and then some. They go at least 9 deep on the bench and if you play a man defense agains them, don't kid yourself into thinking Leslie could handle Tyler Rich. And if you zone, which everyone has had to do to stop Rich, the twins, and Ken Brandenburg will light you up from outside. Fetters can hit the mid range jumper consistantly.

Defensivley sound are the Bobcats as well. Coming off the bench you have Witerspoon who SHUT DOWN cody gilbert while he was guarding him and you have Taulbee who is a great defender and a great slasher and ball handler/passer and dosen't miss free throws. I would love to see Leslie and Lee go at it. It would be a fun game, a close game, and well worth the price of admission!!

Obviously a Eagles fan here. OK, first of all, if you haven't beat the team that beat you, you can't consider yourself the best. As I have posted on this forum, I am not from Lee County and normaly don't consider myself a fan, but this year I think Lee has the team that could go to Rupp. I really believe that Lee could give Leslie all they want and then some. They go at least 9 deep on the bench and if you play a man defense agains them, don't kid yourself into thinking Leslie could handle Tyler Rich. And if you zone, which everyone has had to do to stop Rich, the twins, and Ken Brandenburg will light you up from outside. Fetters can hit the mid range jumper consistantly.

Defensivley sound are the Bobcats as well. Coming off the bench you have Witerspoon who SHUT DOWN cody gilbert while he was guarding him and you have Taulbee who is a great defender and a great slasher and ball handler/passer and dosen't miss free throws. I would love to see Leslie and Lee go at it. It would be a fun game, a close game, and well worth the price of admission!!

Are you sure you're not from Lee county and just don't want anyone to know it? :lol: You sure seem to know a lot of little things about Lee that the average fan wouldn't know. I think you're pulling our leg. ;)

Actually I'm from Estill County. After they won at our place, I decided to catch some more of their games, including at Johnson Central since I went to see my alma mater play as well. I come over to the games pretty frequently now and, trust me, no matter what sport or team I watch, I am an informed fan! Im not that smart to think of an idea like that anyway Prof...lol... :)

Actually I'm from Estill County. After they won at our place, I decided to catch some more of their games, including at Johnson Central since I went to see my alma mater play as well. I come over to the games pretty frequently now and, trust me, no matter what sport or team I watch, I am an informed fan! Im not that smart to think of an idea like that anyway Prof...lol... :)

Ronnie, I'm just kidding with you. :thumb:

I share your opinions of Lee County. Teams in the southern part of the region had better not take them lightly.

I watched Leslie play tonight at Owsley....they are tough....they have great size and amazingly good speed to go with that size. I feel like that Leslie is the best team in the region but you can not say that Lee would or would not beat Leslie. Like ronniethepopular said Lee can go 9 deep, which is very important come March. I feel like PCC has a solid team as does LCC and JBS. It will be interesting no matter what in March...sixtyfeet don't be handing out the trophy just yet my friend.

I think bigcat is right that Leslie is the team to beat in the 14th. I am not saying they will win but I thought they could have had the best team last year. They have alot of seniors that are talented and have alot of experience. With that being said I think 6 or 7 teams could win the region this year.