Tebow practicing on the punt team

Tim Tebow works on special teams at New York Jets OTAs - ESPN New York

My question for you is this. If you are Tebow and you have let it be known that you are QB, would you refuse to be put on Special Teams? Before I get the "being a good teammate", "you do as you are asked" comments, if any other QB was asked to do this, would you find it out of line to say "No. I am a QB and not going to risk myself on Special Teams." What other back-up QBs are relegated to this type duty? It may send a bad message to refuse to do it, but I think it send an even worse message to agree to it. Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

I understand your position, but jeez, it's not like he did anything wrong. He's on the punt team. My guess is he can tackle, he can play the fullback position which will make you leave a LB in there a little longer which helps your coverage. Heck, he can take a short snap and throw that stupid jump pass. What's the big deal?

I just get tired of 500 threads on everything Tebow, 99% bashing him for silly stuff. Good grief, guru has started 295 of them.

I understand your position, but jeez, it's not like he did anything wrong. He's on the punt team. My guess is he can tackle, he can play the fullback position which will make you leave a LB in there a little longer which helps your coverage. Heck, he can take a short snap and throw that stupid jump pass. What's the big deal?

I just get tired of 500 threads on everything Tebow, 99% bashing him for silly stuff. Good grief, guru has started 295 of them.

I've always thought he'd be a great tight end or fullback.

I don't understand why he would agree to be on the punt team. If he takes Sanchez's job then Sanchez should just retire.

So, if he was asked and declined, what kind of ridicule would he get then?

It sends a bad message to agree to be on the punt team. Reach much?

I'm more so talking about from the Tebow perspective. Like he almost needs to take a stand and say, "No. I am not doing this. I am a starting QB and more valuable than this."

I get the meaning, but my point is that we'd be up in arms, asking if he's denounced his religion, pride cometh before the fall, all that jazz had he done that. You know it, we all know it. He is under the microscope like no other human being on the planet. More than any other athlete I can think of, perhaps ever. I'm sure he wants to start under center, and as bad as Sanchez can be, he might. However, and you referred to it in your opening post, what was he supposed to say? He IS a good teammate. He IS a team player. I think the kid will do whatever they ask. Has nothing to do with his faith. Just his makeup. And I'm not talking eyeliner.