Obama losing votes to 'uncommitted'

President Obama easily won Tuesday night's Democratic primary in Kentucky, capturing 58 percent of the vote.

That sounds like a solid victory. But with the president running unopposed in the Bluegrass State that means more than four in 10 voters didn't pick him.

Who did they choose instead? Forty-two percent of those going to the polls rejected the president in favor of "uncommitted."

"Uncommitted" and unknown score points against Obama | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Which further illustrates why anyone dismissing 3rd party voters because they "want their vote to count" are foolish...

If anything, it supports the notion that party politics in this country are complete nonsense in general.

I think it is too inaccurate. How many democrats that know they will vote Obama even voted yesterday? I didn't vote yesterday and I know I am not alone. I know and work with tons of people who will vote Obama in November that didn't vote yesterday. The results from yesterday should be taken as seriously as the Alexander poll from the OJ case in 1994.

Not to mention Romney has Kentucky won anyways.

I am a registered Democrat and I filled in the "Uncommitted" box. Right now, I cannot see voting for Obama or Romney come November unless something drastically changes. Bottom line is that it doesn't matter who votes for Obama, there's no way he carries the Commonwealth.

I am a registered Democrat and I filled in the "Uncommitted" box. Right now, I cannot see voting for Obama or Romney come November unless something drastically changes. Bottom line is that it doesn't matter who votes for Obama, there's no way he carries the Commonwealth.

Nope. He sure won't carry the commonwealth.

OK...but what does this say about the camp that says that disenfranchised Democrats will vote for Romney?

It really doesn't say that one way or another. If you were a registered Democrat you only had two choices on your ballot:

Barack Obama or Uncommitted.

We couldn't vote for the Republican Presidential Primary. Am I missing your question?

But at the current time, I won't vote for Obama or Romney unless something drastically changes between now and November.

OK...but what does this say about the camp that says that disenfranchised Democrats will vote for Romney?

I was under the impression (and I might be wrong) that the D's who are most disappointed with the President are those farthest to the left. I'm thinking they'll either reluctantly pull the tab for Obama or stay at home. Hard to see them going with Romney.

I was under the impression (and I might be wrong) that the D's who are most disappointed with the President are those farthest to the left. I'm thinking they'll either reluctantly pull the tab for Obama or stay at home. Hard to see them going with Romney.

Thanks. That's the kind of analysis I am asking for. I do realize that D's can't vote for R's in the primary. I am wondering whether R's are already counting the uncommitted D votes as locks in November. I personally don't think they are.