May 15, 201214 yr Very fair questions in response. If President Obama was not aware of Rev. Wright's hate filled sermons (either because he was not in attendance or didn't hear about them) then I can't fault President Obama's continued attendance at Rev. Wright's church until he became aware of them. I'm pretty sure I remember reading that President Obama was aware of some of Rev. Wright's more inflammatory comments but was not present when they were delivered. Because I can't know what exactly President Obama knew or didn't know about Rev.Wright's comments, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on his attendance at the Church. However, it still looks really bad if President Obama (or emissaries of President Obama) did in fact offer money to Rev. Wright to lay low. I very much believe that Wright's inflammatory, racist comments were typical of the sermons he delivered. Those comments are so outrageous and over-the-top that it defies logic that they would be isolated exceptions to an individual's normal mindset and pattern of speech. We simply became more familiar with them (and him) once he was tied to Obama. I can't imagine any scenario in which Obama did not hear these types of comments regularly spew forth from Wright's mouth. They became a serious liability for him, however, when the media picked up on them. He had no choice but to distance himself from Wright - and apparently entice him to zip his pie hole for a period of time preceding the election.
May 15, 201214 yr I very much believe that Wright's inflammatory, racist comments were typical of the sermons he delivered. Those comments are so outrageous and over-the-top that it defies logic that they would be isolated exceptions to an individual's normal mindset and pattern of speech. We simply became more familiar with them (and him) once he was tied to Obama. I can't imagine any scenario in which Obama did not hear these types of comments regularly spew forth from Wright's mouth. They became a serious liability for him, however, when the media picked up on them. He had no choice but to distance himself from Wright - and apparently entice him to zip his pie hole for a period of time preceding the election. Assuming Obama attended church regularly....or at all.
May 15, 201214 yr Of course he didn't attend church regularly. He's Muslim you know. :lol: :lol: True. True.
May 15, 201214 yr A Cheney was a primary investor or on the board with Halliburton. The leading construction firm form the U.S getting construction contracts from the government for pipellines in the middle east.Actually I think he was a former CEO of the company....he was no longer involved when he ran for VP. Cheney as did Obama, Bush, Clinton, Gore and all other recent POTUS and VPOTUS, he had all of his investments put into a blind trust upon him entering office. Even though he was the former CEO of Haliburton, the facts were that Haliburton had the infrastructure to support the US Military that no one else had. That is why even Democrats on Capitol Hill didn't make anything of this.
May 15, 201214 yr AActually I think he was a former CEO of the company....he was no longer involved when he ran for VP. Cheney as did Obama, Bush, Clinton, Gore and all other recent POTUS and VPOTUS, he had all of his investments put into a blind trust upon him entering office. Even though he was the former CEO of Haliburton, the facts were that Haliburton had the infrastructure to support the US Military that no one else had. That is why even Democrats on Capitol Hill didn't make anything of this.Good point.. Obama has done billions in business with Haliburton...
May 16, 201214 yr Good point.. Obama has done billions in business with Haliburton... Uh huh, and all the presidents since Franklin Pierce, I believe come form the same family line. So if there is a machine, Obama is a part of it. Besides isn't Obama a distant cousin of Cheney?
May 16, 201214 yr Some older articles on Obamas relationship with Halliburton:Barack Obama and James T. Hackett in Brazil: The Democrat Party Halliburton Connection - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com .. Another announcing Obama giving Halliburton millions in no-bid contracts.. http://www.algemeiner.com/2011/05/31/obama-gives-halliburton-568-million-contract/ So maybe he is a distant cousin of Cheney's..
May 16, 201214 yr I see no one has mentioned Tagg Romney's success in a private equity firm despite never having experience operating one. If Mitt Romney wins surely none of the donors will want anything from him. No. Of course not. This is simply private enterprise. The game don't stop.....tapping in your bank funds with a laptop. Gonna own a block before the ball drop.... http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/01/us/politics/ties-to-romney-08-helped-fuel-equity-firm.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.