Boyle County 2012

Ram

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Building depth is probably the most important thing. Our depth will likely define how good of a season we have.

I am looking forward to the season openig game in Fort Thomas. My first trip there.

And there's a Highlands hat waiting for you when you get there.:thumb:

Building depth is probably the most important thing. Our depth will likely define how good of a season we have.

I am looking forward to the season openig game in Fort Thomas. My first trip there.

What will Boyle have this year? I know that Boyle will all ways be Boyle. Good Luck this season.

Starting quarterback Casey Whittle(Sr) returns. Seph Burke(Jr) will likely be the starting running back. Lloyd Hall(Sr) and Blake Mason(Sr) return at receiver. I am unsure about the offensive line. On defense Keegan Kendrick(Sr), Kyle Kephart(Sr), Austin Muntz(Sr), Clint Hellyer(Sr) return. There are others I am forgetting at the moment and I should have more names when spring practice concludes. These guys are all off the top of my head.

Trey Yeager on Defense also. On the Oline they return Dakota Brock and Tyler Preston. Yeager and Kendrick also got some Oline starts last year as well and I would expect them to go both ways this year with first year starter Justin Routin. This will be a Sr. led team but lacking depth.

What will Boyle have this year? I know that Boyle will all ways be Boyle. Good Luck this season.

What does "Boyle will always be Boyle" mean? Do you mean Boyle co. from prior to 1999 or Boyle county since 1999? If its the former it'll be a long season.

What does "Boyle will always be Boyle" mean? Do you mean Boyle co. from prior to 1999 or Boyle county since 1999? If its the former it'll be a long season.

Boyle County since 1999. Boyle will be good and better than most and will have to get by Lexington Catholic and then Highlands to get to the state finals. Those are the two teams in Boyle County's way.

I'm sure French is looking for a little payback this time around in Ft Thomas. The last time he was in Ft Thomas was 2007 with Lincoln Co. in the Semi's when he took one on the chin by 4 TD's. 49-21, the game wasn't even that close!

I clearly remember him saying that there was no way HHS would score more than 14 points against him. Heck, I think it was 28-0 after the 1st quarter. Good luck to Boyle this year.

Being how that was 14 seasons ago, what do you think?

You obviously don't know much about Boyle Football prior to '99.

'97 Boyle went undefeated in the Regular Season but were upset by the eventual state champ (a team they had defeated handily in the regular season)

'96 Boyle made it to the AA State Semi-Finals only lose to the eventual champ Breathitt (42 game win streak?) in a heartbreaker on the road.

From '92 on Boyle had only one losing season.

The mid to late 80's were a bad time at Boyle but the mid 70's to the early 80's Boyle always fielded winnings teams and beat strong programs. Chuck Smith took the program to state level heights but there has been a good program at Boyle before there as well.

I'm sure French is looking for a little payback this time around in Ft Thomas. The last time he was in Ft Thomas was 2007 with Lincoln Co. in the Semi's when he took one on the chin by 4 TD's. 49-21, the game wasn't even that close!

I clearly remember him saying that there was no way HHS would score more than 14 points against him. Heck, I think it was 28-0 after the 1st quarter. Good luck to Boyle this year.

Can't imagine Coach F would actually come out and say that a team wouldn't score a certain amount of points or anything like that. Not really his style. He is usually a " we'll be lucky to stay in it " kinda guy even if they are heavily favored. But I won't say your wrong, just doesn't sound like him.

Concerning the LB's. I think there are three starters in place with the fourth to be decided in July. Kephart, Muntz and Kendrick. Not sure who the other LB will be.