Bishop Brossart 2012

Ram

Aug 27, 11 Middletown Christian, OH away 28 - 16 (W)

Sep 3, 11 Caverna home 56 - 12 (W)

Sep 9, 11 Dayton home 14 - 32 (L)

Sep 16, 11 Pendleton County away 41 - 34 (W)

Sep 23, 11 Newport Central Catholic away 0 - 62 (L)

Sep 30, 11 Lloyd Memorial home 27 - 32 (L)

Oct 7, 11 Newport home 21 - 42 (L)

Oct 14, 11 Holy Cross (Covington) away 13 - 69 (L)

Oct 21, 11 Walton-Verona home 6 - 35 (L)

Oct 28, 11 Scott away 15 - 69 (L)

They should start by playing better Schools, the program is not new, this is there 6th or 7th year.

Considering their district includes: NCC, Walton, Holy Cross, Newport & Lloyd, theres not really any cupcakes there. In 2011 they stepped up to play a 4A Pendleton Co group, and a 5A Scott Group. I would consider that playing better teams.

Brossart will always be a team that have huge talent swings, some years great talent, some years average, some years not so good, and you have to schedule for that. They are not a Beechwood team for example that can most years own their district, and therefore play "better Schools" as you say out of district.

Do they have a QB to replace Jesse Orth? I know frosh Spencer Hackworth took over last season when Orth went down but is there a junior or senior that can step up to lead the team this season?

Not sure if they have an upperclassman that can step up for this season to fill the QB role or not. Brossart may choose to give it a go with Hackworth and let him learn on the fly. I would say that will choice will be made in summer camp.

Couldn't Casey Pelgen take over that role of QB? I thought he was starting JV last year until he got hurt?

They do lose 3 players that are going on to play college ball. Weckback, Kramer going to TMC and Brown going to MSJ. Congrats to those boys! Not sure the Jr. class has the numbers to help out the Mustangs this coming year? Sophmore class has some size and good athletes so they will have to fill some vital roles.

This looks like a pretty fair schedule to me. Good luck this year to the Mustangs!

Couldn't Casey Pelgen take over that role of QB? I thought he was starting JV last year until he got hurt?

Pelgen looks to be the starter. He will be a junior. He showed some ability there last year before getting hurt. Like most teams they have holes to plug but only losing about 6 seniors means plenty of returning experience. The problem is a small senior class again this year. Next years junios and sophomores will be relied on quite heavily. They will have a nice size line to block for senior-to-be Jacob Elbert. He will be counted on to carry the load as long as he is healthy.

This is a better schedule than the Mustangs had played in the past few years and appears appropriate to me. I could see replacing Caverna with a local school like Ludlow, Bellevue or maybe Holmes.