Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bo Ryan on Espn Radio

Featured Replies

I don't agree with it, but I can understand restricting a kid from transfering within the same conference. Everyone else should be fair game though.

 

I hope Ryan loses recruits from this. Completely ridiculous.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trying to make sure he doesn't have to play a team the kid MIGHT transfer to. Hope this kid ends up at a school that knocks Wisky out of the dance in the next few years.

 

Only schools that have tampered should be restricted...

 

Agree, if they have not tampered they should be in play for him. I understand the Big 10 but the others are joke for him not to be able to attend.

Are you serious? They blocked his transfer to any ACC school b/c Wisconsin MIGHT play them in the Big 10/ACC challenge, though that schedule is yet to be set. Defend that.

 

Direct Compettitor. Granted, they dont know what ACC team they will be playing, so they are all potential directly scheduled compettitor.

 

Example: Say Wall a few years ago for UK decides after freshman year he wants to transfer from UK, to say North Carolina. Would UK allow it, absolutly not, they have a contract to play each other the next 2 years.

I don't agree with it, but I can understand restricting a kid from transfering within the same conference. Everyone else should be fair game though.

 

I would agree if it was't Wisky behind the Big 10 changing their rules to land a kid that signed with Iowa. Transfers are now allowed in conference because of Bo Ryan. Weak sauce...

The kid doesn't know where he wants to go yet, but Ryan made sure he has 23 less options before he could start to figure it out. Bush league. Period...

 

Less than 23 after you count out the Big Ten schools. He can not transfer there due to conference rules, the kid should have known that before he signed his LOI, that he couldnt transfer inside the conference.

I don't agree with it, but I can understand restricting a kid from transfering within the same conference. Everyone else should be fair game though.

 

I hope Ryan loses recruits from this. Completely ridiculous.

 

By this you would be ok if a kid wanted to transfer from UC to Xaiver, or vise versa?

Direct Compettitor. Granted, they dont know what ACC team they will be playing, so they are all potential directly scheduled compettitor.

 

Example: Say Wall a few years ago for UK decides after freshman year he wants to transfer from UK, to say North Carolina. Would UK allow it, absolutly not, they have a contract to play each other the next 2 years.

 

That's not true at all. Hell, didn't Kentucky allow Marvin Stone to transfer to UofL?

By this you would be ok if a kid wanted to transfer from UC to Xaiver, or vise versa?

 

Yeah, why wouldn't I be?

Less than 23 after you count out the Big Ten schools. He can not transfer there due to conference rules, the kid should have known that before he signed his LOI, that he couldnt transfer inside the conference.

 

Big 10 allows it. Bo Ryan behind the rule change. Swing and miss...

Direct Compettitor. Granted, they dont know what ACC team they will be playing, so they are all potential directly scheduled compettitor.

 

Example: Say Wall a few years ago for UK decides after freshman year he wants to transfer from UK, to say North Carolina. Would UK allow it, absolutly not, they have a contract to play each other the next 2 years.

 

 

Stacey Poole just transferred from UK, as far as I know Cal didn't put any restrictions on him?

Stacey Poole just transferred from UK, as far as I know Cal didn't put any restrictions on him?

 

Where did he go too?

That's not true at all. Hell, didn't Kentucky allow Marvin Stone to transfer to UofL?

 

They did. But they also refused to release Joe Crawford when he wanted to transfer halfway through his freshman season. I don't know if that's a different scenario, but I remember that happening.

 

Regardless, I'm totally opposed to this kind of action being done.

We may have to play NW IOWA St. Tech in the NCAA tournament in 2014 so you can't transfer there.

Big 10 allows it. Bo Ryan behind the rule change. Swing and miss...

 

Dont the other Big Ten schools have to approve it to be a rule, doesnt matter who is behind the rule.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.