CovCath to renew series with Moeller (needs to be verified)

Has there been anything from CovCath because I have only heard here.

I talked to Coach Wirth a couple of months ago and he said the schedule was the same as last year.

He also said that the next schedule he would like to play another GCL school.

I could see them playing next year and Moeller being the first game under lights.

Sorry if I totally missed this, but is Cov Cath adding lights to their baseball field? Are they already in place & I've been smoking crack?

This is being looked at for 2013 and 2014.

Covington Catholic, Moeller football teams in discussion for home-and-home series in 2013 and ’14 | The Recruiting Trail

Covington Catholic, Moeller football teams in discussion for home-and-home series in 2013 and ’14

04/18/12 at 10:56am Written by mdyer

The Covington Catholic and Moeller football programs are close to signing a contract that would finalize a Week 2 game for the 2013 and ’14 seasons, according to both schools.

The agreement is a paperwork formality at this point, according to CovCath coach David Wirth. The 2013 game would be at CovCath and the ’14 game would be at Moeller’s home venue.

Wirth, a former Moeller player and assistant coach, was on the 1992 Moeller team that lost in an upset to CovCath in a meeting between the schools.

Moeller leads the all-time series between the schools 8-1, according to former Moeller AD Dick Beerman. The last meeting was in 2005.

Covington Catholic, Moeller football teams in discussion for home-and-home series in 2013 and ’14 | The Recruiting Trail

Covington Catholic, Moeller football teams in discussion for home-and-home series in 2013 and ’14

04/18/12 at 10:56am Written by mdyer

The Covington Catholic and Moeller football programs are close to signing a contract that would finalize a Week 2 game for the 2013 and ’14 seasons, according to both schools.

The agreement is a paperwork formality at this point, according to CovCath coach David Wirth. The 2013 game would be at CovCath and the ’14 game would be at Moeller’s home venue.

Wirth, a former Moeller player and assistant coach, was on the 1992 Moeller team that lost in an upset to CovCath in a meeting between the schools.

Moeller leads the all-time series between the schools 8-1, according to former Moeller AD Dick Beerman. The last meeting was in 2005.

Thanks for the clarification. I was getting info from Moeller Alumni club.

• 4 weeks later...
Agreed, can't see CCH getting a win in the series.

As hard as this is for some of you to believe I want to see CCH succeed because it is raises the bar for KY high school football. This is not necessarily about wins and losses for the Colonels but rather what it does to their football program as a whole. You can only get beat down so many times by superior competition and CovCath has been biting off more than they can chew most years for a long time. Just when it looked like smarter minds had prevailed it looks like the Colonels may be headed back to the woodshed both physically and mentally.

As hard as this is for some of you to believe I want to see CCH succeed because it is raises the bar for KY high school football. This is not necessarily about wins and losses for the Colonels but rather what it does to their football program as a whole. You can only get beat down so many times by superior competition and CovCath has been biting off more than they can chew most years for a long time. Just when it looked like smarter minds had prevailed it looks like the Colonels may be headed back to the woodshed both physically and mentally.

If there were numerous "Moellers" on the schedule I might agree. Zero chance one game against Moeller will hurt their season. Kids aren't that mentally weak.

CovCath has been playing Cincy La Salle lately, right? Would this Moeller series replace the La Salle series, or would it be in addition to it? If CCH is replacing La Salle with Moeller and Moeller is the other out-of-state team CCH will play, then what's the big deal? If CCH will be playing BOTH La Salle and Moeller in the same year then it's too much, IMO.

If there were numerous "Moellers" on the schedule I might agree. Zero chance one game against Moeller will hurt their season. Kids aren't that mentally weak.

If Moeller is the only big time school on CCH's schedule then I agree with you. However, like jb, if LaSalle is still on and/or any others like X, Elder, Trinity, St. Xavier, etc. then I stick by my statement.

I want CovCath to be a force every year neck and neck with Highlands, nothing more, nothing less.