Tebow gets booed at Yankees game

Art Stapleton of the Record reports via Twitter that Tim Tebow was shown on the large video monitor attending the game, and that his image was greeted with “loud boos.” Later, Stapleton explained it as “[f]aint cheers” and “mostly boos.”

UPDATE 10:29 p.m. ET: The Associated Press item from the game also says that Tebow was booed.

Tebow gets booed at Yankees game | ProFootballTalk

1) New Yorkers boo everything.

2) My understanding has always been that there's a fairly strong correlation between Yankees and Giants fans and that most Jets fans tend to be Mets fans. If so, then none of what happened should be a surprise.

I heard on the radio this morning that there was a basketball player, and I can't remember his name, sitting behind Tebow and that some of the boos probably were for him.

I think he was sitting with Dwayne Wade. The Heat beat the Knicks earlier in the day so it makes sense.

From the AP:

NEW YORK (AP) - Tim Tebow has work to do if he's going to win over New York sports fans.

The new backup quarterback for the Jets was booed at Yankee Stadium on Sunday night when he was shown on the giant video board - even though he was wearing a Yankees cap.

Sitting in the third row next to the Los Angeles Angels dugout, Tebow cracked a smile and acknowledged the camera. There was a smattering of cheers, but most of the initial reactions were boos.

Tim Tebow, Dwyane Wade get booed

Sitting next to Tebow was Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade, also booed when he was shown on the scoreboard earlier in the game. But those boos quickly turned to cheers when Wade held up his Yankees cap.

That almost makes it seem that Wade was shown at a separate time. But to answer your question, I am not thinking it is an anti-Tebow agenda as it is just a Tebow agenda. Tebow has become one of the most marketable athletes in the world and moves meters more so than any other athlete.

Some of the responses on PFT were pretty good. Here are a few of my favorites:

That Tebow, he’s a daytime worm , living a nightcrawlers life!

The booing drowned out the cries of the Easter Bunny, who was being mugged in the parking lot at the time.

Two places Tim Tebow is not well liked, Hell, and NYC. Actually they may be one in the same.

Gotta love NYC fans!

I can't wait to watch the Jets play this year!!!

I know some of you think different, but I am excited to see Tebow play, I hope he plays well (as long as it doesn't affect the Bengals), and I love the football drama part of it.