Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 2012

Featured Replies

What does Holmes need to do to improve in 2012? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Holmes will need to improve the QB play. I assume Colston will fill the role. He was thrown in the role with no preseason practice there. To his credit he worked at it. He certainly is a good enough athlete to improve. Defensively, they should be very good. They may be challenged again on offense. They have to be able to pass a little to let their backs use their speed, especially Scruggs. He is the fastest back in the area, however, he needs some room to use his skills. He is not a power runner. As always, will they get the kids to play that are walking the halls not playing?

Is Peterson still on the team?

Holmes will need to improve the QB play. I assume Colston will fill the role. He was thrown in the role with no preseason practice there. To his credit he worked at it. He certainly is a good enough athlete to improve. Defensively, they should be very good. They may be challenged again on offense. They have to be able to pass a little to let their backs use their speed, especially Scruggs. He is the fastest back in the area, however, he needs some room to use his skills. He is not a power runner. As always, will they get the kids to play that are walking the halls not playing?

 

Disagree here. Gotta go with the Siedl (sp..) kid from HHS.

Peterson is still in school, so I think he will play. Haven't seen the Highlands kid, so you may be right RE.

Disagree here. Gotta go with the Siedl (sp..) kid from HHS.

 

I would be very surprised if anyone in N. Ky. is faster than Scruggs. He is the only player I have seen in the past 3 years who was able to catch Vocke on the football field. It was amazing how fast Scruggs was moving to catch Vocke on a return play.

 

My question is whether Scruggs will be at Holmes. I thought there was talk he was transferring to Holmes South, aka Holy Cross.

From what i have heard is Scruggs is staying at Holmes to play with his family members who will be seniors. If he was to transfer it would be after this season.

I would be very surprised if anyone in N. Ky. is faster than Scruggs. He is the only player I have seen in the past 3 years who was able to catch Vocke on the football field. It was amazing how fast Scruggs was moving to catch Vocke on a return play.

 

My question is whether Scruggs will be at Holmes. I thought there was talk he was transferring to Holmes South, aka Holy Cross.

 

VOR you are correct, I'd be surprised if anyone is faster. There are many probably better but not faster. It would be awesome to see him behind a decent O-line. Teams just stay wide on him and don't let him turn the corner and watch teh cut back or it is bye-bye. Hard to tell if he could run between teh tackles because he never got started when he tried.

I think #74 Johnson will help big on the line he started as a freshman and is only going to get better and bigger. He played both sides of the ball and I think you will hear is name a lot this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.