Alex Oriakhi eliminates Duke

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodman is the primary source in this one as he has known the kid for a LONG time. He's pushing hard for one school on the list behind the scenes. Duke was never in a strong position, but weren't totally out until Plumlee announced today...

All Goodman giving his opinion to a kid he has known since like 6th grade. Nothing fishy...

Are we talking about a sports writer here pushing a kid to a certain school?

Talking about someone with a long standing connection to a kid giving his opinion. No pushing going on...

:idunno:

Didn't really phrase it properly in the first post when explaining Goodman had the direct source on this one. If you know anything about me at all, there is nothing I love more than exposing X for something that goes outside of doing things "The Xavier Way".

Sometimes in this business you get to know kids beyond just covering your beat. Has happened a few times for me well outside of covering UC. Just how it goes...

Edited by gametime

Didn't really phrase it properly in the first post when explaining Goodman had the direct source on this one. If you know anything about me at all, there is nothing I love more than exposing X for something that goes outside of doing things "The Xavier Way".

Sometimes in this business you get to know kids beyond just covering your beat. Has happened a few times for me well outside of covering UC. Just how it goes...

Why does Goodman like Xavier over the other schools?

Why does Goodman like Xavier over the other schools?

With Frease gone they are thin on the interior. A lot of talent 1-3 and some role guys to work along side him in the post in Philmore, Martin and Taylor. He would be the go to guy down low, but the #3 option overall behind Lyons and Wells. Would be similar to UConn in their title year as he was a 3rd option behind Kemba and Lamb, but the key guy on the blocks...

With Frease gone they are thin on the interior. A lot of talent 1-3 and some role guys to work along side him in the post in Philmore, Martin and Taylor. He would be the go to guy down low, but the #3 option overall behind Lyons and Wells. Would be similar to UConn in their title year as he was a 3rd option behind Kemba and Lamb, but the key guy on the blocks...

So I take it since he's returning for his senior year that he's a marginal NBA player.

How does this somehow go "outside of the Xavier Way?"

So I take it since he's returning for his senior year that he's a marginal NBA player.

Ceiling next year is likely 12-13 points and 7-9 rebounds a night. He's a solid block to block post guy that can really compliment a strong perimeter game. Not a star by any means...