Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hicks back to Bath County?

Featured Replies

I believe he is Billy's nephew. A very good coach. However, he tends to be a lightning rod, people love him or hate him, few fence riders.

 

 

Couldn't have said it better myself. He's definitely a lightening rod, and one of the best at shooting the bull of anyone I've been around. He could sell ice cubes to Eskimos, and would have had a great career as a car salesman or a college recruiter. However, he's had to improve a lot since he coached at our school if he is to qualify as "a very good coach".

He took a team that was 22-8 the year before, had 4 starters returning, and finished his only season at our school with a 12-13 record. Then he left for the Greenup County job, and things didn't work out there for him either. He inherited a good team at Bath is what I've been told, stayed a few years, and moved on. It wouldn't surprise me if he isn't looking again for a new school, but I doubt he would go back to one he's coached before. Just my opinion.

I believe he qualifies as a very good coach.

I believe he qualifies as a very good coach.

 

 

Maybe he's improved over the years. I didn't think he was a very good defensive coach. His main concern was offense and a huge percentage of his practices were based around offensive drills, particularly the 3 point shot. Defense was not a priorty. As I said, maybe he has changed with more coaching experience. Ours was his first head coaching job.

I believe he qualifies as a very good coach.

 

I believe that is still in doubt. Let's give him some more time and see how he does. I don't think that you can always measure a coach as being good by the number of wins they get. Wins can be manipulated by the schedule that you play. I think that in order to truly evaluate a coach you have to look at lots of areas and that can't just be done in a 1 or 2 year window. I think you have to look at the development of the players they coach (Are they getting better?), is he a great motivator and communicator (Do his players play hard at all times and do they respect him?), and can he beat teams that are better than his?

 

A great quote i heard one time was: "He can beat mine with his, and if he had mine he would beat his! Lots of coaches get tons of wins because they have superior talent over the teams they play. I like to see coaches that maximize their talent!

 

I thought a great example of this, this past year was Coach Humphrey at Clark County.

Has anyone confirmed this?

He is staying at Grant. Just a rumor.

He is staying at Grant. Just a rumor.

 

If this is official let me know and I will close this thread.

If this is official let me know and I will close this thread.

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Straight from the horse's mouth.

 

Thanks, I will close the thread.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.