Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA in Louisville

Featured Replies

Anybody else going to to watch the Cats this week? And Murray State.

Murray State I am. Hoping to catch both on Saturday!

Would love to go on Saturday but waited too late to try and get tickets.

How cheap do you think tickets will be for the games from a scalper?

I know that Impellizzeri's Pizza is going to open at 9am tomorrow. I'm sure it's the same all up and down Main Street, which should be a fun place to be all weekend. I haven't been down there since last weekend, but I understand that there are already people walking around in Marquette shirts. If those people thought it was unpleasant to be in the Crum! Center last year when Louisville made that huge comeback, just wait until they get back in there and start meeting UK fans. :D

 

In all seriousness, if anyone making the trip to Louisville for the games is a big fan of craft beer, I highly recommend taking the short walk three blocks east of the arena down to Louisville Slugger Field and stopping into Against the Grain, which is making beer on a level we've never had in Louisville before and this is coming from someone who already liked the stuff coming from BBC and Cumberland. It's a cool place and a great brewery.

I know that Impellizzeri's Pizza is going to open at 9am tomorrow. I'm sure it's the same all up and down Main Street, which should be a fun place to be all weekend. I haven't been down there since last weekend, but I understand that there are already people walking around in Marquette shirts. If those people thought it was unpleasant to be in the Crum! Center last year when Louisville made that huge comeback, just wait until they get back in there and start meeting UK fans. :D

 

In all seriousness, if anyone making the trip to Louisville for the games is a big fan of craft beer, I highly recommend taking the short walk three blocks east of the arena down to Louisville Slugger Field and stopping into Against the Grain, which is making beer on a level we've never had in Louisville before and this is coming from someone who already liked the stuff coming from BBC and Cumberland. It's a cool place and a great brewery.

 

And, to further your comment...to all you who are attending, Impellizzeri's is the BEST pizza!

Anybody else going to to watch the Cats this week? And Murray State.

 

You mean WKU!

  • Author

Where do you all recommend to park for the day, we are staying at the Horseshoe and don't plan to return in between sessions.

Where do you all recommend to park for the day, we are staying at the Horseshoe and don't plan to return in between sessions.

 

That depends on your fortitude. If yo don't mind about a 10 minute walk, park somewhere nearer to Broadway, anywhere 1st-6th should be fine. There are quite a few parking garages, and even more open lots to park in, in that area. It's really not a bad walk at all to the Yum! Center from Broadway (or closer) down. There's a parking garage at the arena (likely to be full), 2 at the Galt House, and several others in a 6 square block radius, as well as some open lot parking. I do NOT advise parking on the street. During the week, it costs to park during the day, but is free after 6. It's a pain to keep feeding the meter.

 

If you park in the vicinity of 4th street, anywhere from Main down to Broadway, there is a free trolley you can catch that can take you back and forth.

 

The further away you're willing to park, the easier time there will be with traffic. Great access to I-65 at Broadway, at Liberty, Brook/Muhammad Ali. You can get to I-64 W by just essentially jumping on and almost right back off.

Where do you all recommend to park for the day, we are staying at the Horseshoe and don't plan to return in between sessions.

 

I agree with everything Rockmom said. There are parking garages all over downtown and the further away from Main Street you get, the easier things will be (honestly that goes for every day, not just event day). There's some decent surface parking at 5th and Muhammad Ali that I like if I'm making a quick stop down at the court buildings with a pretty low all-day rate. It's just one block from Fourth Street Live as well.

For those who'll be in town of Saturday, here's some info about some challenges you might encounter...especially in the morning hours:

 

RODES CITY RUN

These streets will be closed during the following times Saturday:

6 to 9 a.m.:

Broadway, from Fifth Street to Third Street.

6 a.m. to 1 p.m.:

Witherspoon Street, from Preston Street to Bingham Way.

7:45 to 9 a.m.:

Broadway, from Third Street to Baxter Avenue.

8 to 9 a.m.:

Baxter, from Rubel Avenue to Breckinridge Street

8 to 9:30 a.m.:

Cherokee Road, from Baxter to Grinstead Drive.

Grinstead, from Cherokee Road to Cherokee Parkway.

8 to 10 a.m.:

Lexington Road, from Etley Drive to Liberty Street.

Liberty, from Lexington to Baxter.

8:15 to 10:30 a.m.:

Baxter, from Liberty Street to Main Street.

8:15 to 11:00 a.m.:

Main, from Baxter to Preston.

Preston, from Main to Witherspoon.

11:00 a.m. to midnight:

Washington Street, from Preston to First Street.

These streets will have no parking from 5 to 11 a.m.:

Washington, from Preston to First.

Broadway, from Barret to Baxter.

Cherokee Road, from Baxter to Grinstead.

Grinstead, from Cherokee to Cherokee Parkway.

Main, from Baxter to Preston.

Preston, from Main to Witherspoon.

Witherspoon, from Preston to First.

^Ugh. Runners are the worst. Go jog without any real purpose in someone else's neighborhood.

^Ugh. Runners are the worst. Go jog without any real purpose in someone else's neighborhood.

 

:lol: I agree with you, but FKW isn't likely to appreciate your words. :lol: I plan to hike on Saturday morning. This at least gives me an idea of what time I'll need to get over to Cherokee.....and how long I should plan to hike. :lol:

Hmm. I may stay around and do that race. I did not realize it was that big.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.