Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southwestern / Hopkinsville predictions (State Tourney)

Which team will win? 19 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

    • Southwestern
      47%
    • Hopkinsville
      52%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

12th Region Champ, Southwestern 27-8 will take on 2nd Region Champ, Hopkinsville 32-2, Wednesday in the second game. Your thoughts and predictions.

Both teams like to press and get up and down the floor, both have deep benches, should be a fun game to watch. I would compare Hopkinsville to Jtown for those who havent seen them play. Game may come down to who has the BEST bench.

Hopkinsville by 3

I think Hopkinsville will win. Should be a fun game to watch.

Southwestern. If the offense gets stagnant they'll put in Robbie Lewis and he will own the paint. They have 7 guys capable of scoring 10 apiece and they look ready to take on all comers. They will be tough for every team they play.

  • Author
I think Hopkinsville will win. Should be a fun game to watch.

 

You know I value your opinion when it comes to the Western Ky teams. I too think Hop-town will win. Picked them to make some noise in one of the contests.

I have seen them play several games this year. They win different ways. I really don't know much about Southwestern. Our region has been dominated by one county since 2001. (Hopkinsville, Christian County, and UHA) It is a tough district. I really like this team, they can play zone or man. They are long and they play several guys. When I read about Southwestern it sounds like they are very similar. We both know that any team can get to Rupp and get on the floor and just not be themselves. I hope its a good game. I know they were supposed to play Rowan County earlier in the year, but it was cancelled. I think that was one of those games scheduled in Rupp Arena, I think. They are not a senior loaded team, will most likely win our region again next year.

  • Author

^ Thanks so much for the info. You coming to the tourney this year? This could be one of the better games in the first round.

Hoptown 73 Southwestern 68

Stepscalled, I think you made a very good point about teams getting to Rupp and not being themselves. It seems Hopkinsville plays a pretty young line up and Southwestern will start a freshman, two sophomores, one junior and one senior. I am not sure how young Hopkinsville is but sounds like they play some young kids too. Which ever coach can calm his young kids down first will probably have a nice advantage.

Purple, you can check Hopkinsville out on ihigh, I watched them play a little bit, they have a very nice team, but from what I saw I think they would have a hard time with Lewis on the block, providing SW can get him the ball down low.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Southwestern has a stable of seniors they can go to if the young ones can't handle the pressure fast enough. Southwestern advances.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.