Everything posted by danky325
-
Patrick Patterson
Patrick Patterson, IS a FORCE, however, if a team chooses not to use that force, it's the team that looses out. I was glad to see Scott County win, but you do not have a player like Patrick Patterson in the game and not at least give him a touch at the end of the game. At the end of the game on the last four offensive trips (at least the last four and possibly more), the only touch Patrick got was a tip in off of a HORRIBLE 3 point attempt by Mayo (he was double teamed and the shot was DEEP). Scott County's books should have an assit recorded by Mayo for not giving the ball up more. Anyway I would LOVE to have Patrick Patterson on my team, but then again I would love to have Matt Walls on it too.
-
Gallatin Co 69 LCA 60
Yes he did
-
Gallatin Co 69 LCA 60
I agree Gallatin played a balance all around game, and stuck to their game plan. For LCA (my team as noted above) you live by the three you die by the three. From inside the arc 17 for 24 (71%) from behind the arc 7 for 32 (22%). Again I wish the best to Gallatin and good luck against Bishop Brossart. I thought Cody Perkins played great and was player of the game, but I was VERY IMPRESSED with Scott Brown's defensive pressure, it kept LCA off center (pun intended) all game. Someone "fun" on here will understand the humor there.
-
Gallatin Co 69 LCA 60
Gratulations from an LCA fan/parent. Gallatin earned the win, great man to man defense.
-
What are the dates and location of the 11th region tourney?
Are the district tournaments set, or do they draw them after the end of regular season play?
-
Gallatin Co. / LCA predictions
Well checking out the All A Tournament contest it looks like only one of the contestants is giving either Gallatin County or LCA a chance of making it past Bishop Brossart in the second round. Does anyone feel that either of the teams have a chance against Bishop Brossart?
-
All "A" Tournament field
Excellant observation funtowatch. It's about the kids, the basketball players, and the last time I looked basketball players is not defined by what kind of school they attend, whether private, public, city, county, uptown, downtown, on the mountain, or in the valley. Let the kids play and enjoy.
-
AAU
I'll pass on what a friend of mine who was the head coach of a local high school team told me once. He felt that if a kid wasn't involved with an AAU team by the time they made it to high school, they were going to have to blow him away at try outs to make the team, because try outs were just too short a time to evaluate talent therefore he relied on watching the AAU circuit teams. This was a large high school, which probably made it more important to this coach. On a personal note, I don't care how good the TEAM is, what matters is how good the COACH is as far as laying down the fundamentals to a player. Coaches need players with great fundamentals, a good AAU coach can help in this area, anyone can learn how to shoot, it's all the other attributes that make a kid invaluable to a coach.
-
What are the dates and location of the 11th region tourney?
Does anyone know when they draw for regional seedings?
-
Gallatin Co. / LCA predictions
Well I need to branch out my post's, it seems all my posts are in here. My main hope is that one of the teams in the All A wins the State Sweet Sixteen. The small schools just have the numbers stacked against them. I know LCA catches a lot of grief, as they are compared to a lot of other private schools, but trust me, we are just a small school in terms of the athletes we have available to us. I have heard it all at games, but I know first hand that these are all the same group of kids going back to middle school that are playing, just like the other small public schools.
-
Gallatin Co. / LCA predictions
On a related issue, I have to give HUGE COMPLIMENTS to Matt Buttelwerth, President, Tri State Internet Sports who broadcasts the Gallatin County games. He emailed LCA and gave them the link to the broadcast of Thursday's game for those that wanted to listen but clouldn't attend. I think this was a wonderful jesture from those in the Gallatin County area, thank you.
-
Gallatin Co. / LCA predictions
First as to Gallatin's schedule trust me I have tried to analyze the teams, we just do not play teams that cross over, so it makes it hard to compare. As for Lexington Catholic having a program last 30 years ago, well showing my age but when I played basketball in the seventies we were playing them, so yes they have been around a LONG TIME, and GOOD for a long time.
-
Gallatin Co. / LCA predictions
LCA lost all 5 starters from last years team to graduation, and Tommy Huston took over as coach this year. Tommy has been on the coaching staff at Lexington Catholic for 30 years as assitant, and associate head coach, but has been with LCA now for his third year, first year as head coach. This year there are only two seniors on the team now, they are two of the first six players. Will they have enough? Only time will tell (Thursday to be exact), but they are battle ready and seasoned. This has been the toughest schedule that LCA has ever had in school history.
-
Gallatin Co. / LCA predictions
Funtowatch - I was trying to find when LCA and Gallatin played back during the summer, I went to the Kentucky AAU Tournament records, but LCA played Harlan, Lincoln County, and Louisville Doss, so not sure when it was that they played. I am curious of what the outcome was, as I never miss LCA play, however, I am drawing a blank about that game in particular.
-
Gallatin Co. / LCA predictions
I should correct myself, I said it was hard for LCA to get respect in Lexington amongst the larger schools, but I should have said it is hard to get respect in the All A Classic... said in a joking manner. I realize no one expects LCA to win, even Lexington Sayre just knew they were going to beat LCA in the region, after all Lexington Sayre had just come off a victory over Henry Clay, but that didn't matter when the horn sounded for them to play LCA, and eventual fall to LCA.
-
Gallatin Co. / LCA predictions
Thank you for the welcome to the forum. LCA has played a pretty tough schedule that has hurt their record but yet at the same time has seasoned them. A small school competing against the large Lexington schools is an uphill battle for respect. Four of their losses have came against two schools in the top ten of the state, two of those games were not decided until the end of the game.
-
Gallatin Co. / LCA predictions
So no one feels LCA has a chance then?