Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3ptshooter

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 3ptshooter

  1. Moving or paying tuition? What about twins in the Erlanger system? I have heard they are huge 7/8th graders, not sure and there dad I think is a coach.
  2. OK, hot off the press from Beechwood. There was another mtg held tonight and soccer is voted IN! It will now go to the board on Mon for final approval which I can tell you, for a fact, it will get IN! Remember I told you so. Now, my question is why were there stipulations made re: this 2 week camp about there must be at least 16 players consistantly at this camp for consideration. From my sources they had only 14 players max at this camp and it was still voted IN because it was said "that's close enough!" Secondly, the parents have agreed to come up w/the money needed to fund this team. So, my second question is how can this be? I was under the impression when a donation is made it basically can not be steered into one pot but all the pots. So, I could not designate a $10,000 donation to the volleyball team w/out doing the same for all other sports. As for everyone saying getting soccer would not affect volleyball, fact, last yr there were enough 7/8th grade girls to actually have individual teams for both. This yr, as of right now, there were only 4 7th graders at open gym, not sure about the 8th graders. I think this is affecting volleyball!
  3. The diagrams are absolutely beautiful but what you say is very true. Nothing has been approved yet and w/the recent evaluation of the elem bldg, why would the state approve such a plan for an athletic facility before the building of an educational facility especially if they will be using Bond money as someone stated earlier? As coachg stated and I have been corrected, this new athletic facility is suppose to be built behind the home bench of the football field now. I did not hear anything about this but I stand corrected. How ironic if this does not get approved and yet they lose a life long member of the Beechwood family, shame on them!
  4. Let me try to shed some light on this w/out giving a dissertation, maybe. Last mtg I heard about, the baseball/softball field complex would cost $1.3 million the way the original design was. This included 2 fields w/inground dugout(baseball only maybe) and a new bldg which would house maint. equip/restrooms and the concessions. The bond you mention was a $2 million dollar bond from somewhere. The bldg you talk about is suppose to be built on the existing tennis courts w/Athletic Foundation donated money. Believe me, nothing is going to be completed for football before anything else is completed. Main priority in regards to athletics is the baseball/softball fields and then the AC in the gym. The tunnel you speak of will come out at the end of the bleachers of the FOOTBALL FIELD leading to the track/football field not the dugouts of the baseball field. I say all this not knowing if anything has changed in the last 3 weeks.:thumb:
  5. So, where are all the BHS soccer backers?? How is the camp going? Was there enough interest to even do the camp??? Someone, anyone???
  6. The possible starting QB to be is probably playing summer baseball. IMO, has a much stronger arm than the QB you watched today.
  7. $70,000 is a far cry from $1.3 million last time I checked.
  8. Don't know the gentleman's name but I have heard the JV coach hired at HC was a possibility??
  9. Man could we have a great conversation. To put the who paid for question to rest, if you all think they raised this money at the Foundation Banquet, your'e nuts. If you think the good Dr/Novacare put up the money, your'e nuts times 10. They are suppose to be trying to raise the money. This is why I asked if they had started grading the field yet. If they have began work then I would assume they raised the money somehow. As for the elem bldg, yes, it is falling apart according to a newsletter. It recieved the lowest grade a bldg can recieve by state officials. The school was to be recieving money from the state but that money has been frozen until '09, so I guess the bldg will fall down but they will have one of the nicest baseball fields and football fields to play on.
  10. Got me there HJ:thumb: The school could be renamed when it is all said and done. The plans call to move home plate into LF and hit towards the interstate w/the softball home plate in LF of the baseball field, inground dugouts, new bldg for storage, restrooms and concessions. Heard talk of turf, for 1.3 mill it better be turf on both fields.
  11. Anyone know if the million dollar renovation has began at Beechwood yet?
  12. What is the update on this one? Did the camp begin this week? How many girls showed up and how many were actually upper class players(9-12)?
  13. I also heard that Purdue was high on this talented young man as well as Tenn had a visit to school regarding Mr Teipel. Any truth to this?
  14. Must of missed this talent but what yr is she?
  15. A lot of kids get drafted which means absolutely nothing in the lower rounds. How high do you really think Mr Maile will go? These kids better see the light and go to college where they can mature/develop and get better at the game. Then, maybe sign after that. Very few do you ever see go all the way right out of H.S. Baseball, IMO, is the toughest professional to become because of all the minor leagues. A person could be in the minors for yrs and never see the big leagues.
  16. Well, excuse me on the spelling but obviously you knew who I was talking about. I spelled it the way I read it. I never said the kid was slow just said he wished he had Menetry's speed as anyone in NKY would wish for if they were in H.S. Heck, some in college wish too.
  17. Easily the best!
  18. I guarantee you have not seen a football player at Beechwood that is a current player w/a tattoo. They usually get them after the season or upon graduation.
  19. Soph to be, still a yr away, IMO. My point was nobody can replace an athlete like Elliott. Dustin Menetry has been at school a few times running, he is huge. Maybe you saw him. Nieko only wishes he was as fast as Tree.
  20. Nobody!:lol: If there is any questionable position on this yr's team, it is at QB.
  21. Elliott has whatever kind of speed you want to call it! Speed is speed and if you are fast from pt A to pt B it don't hurt when you misjudge a ball coming off the bat. As stated, I did not think any of CCH's OF had what I would call speed. I saw a few balls drop in RC/LC that a kid w/speed would have caught in their back pocket(Elliott, Cotton). NCC's CF made a few good catches last night also. It was a great game to watch unless you are a CCH fan. At Connor's size I was very impressed he made it thru the entire game and at the plate, very surprised w/the power he showed.
  22. Obviously, you are a football person. Funny, how during the game, I was talking to many NCC fans, who were great athletes and baseball players at NCC, and they agreed. Nobody understood why he was so deep compared to the CF/RF who played about normal depth. CCH has only 3 players in their lineup who will consistantly pull the ball which defensively you would play them straight away. Everyone else will hit the ball to the right side more times than not especially how Connor had everyone off balance the WHOLE NIGHT. Just my opinion but I feel I know just a little about baseball.:laugh:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.