Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

True blue (and gold)

Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by True blue (and gold)

  1. Yes, she is a senior. She was diagnosed about a month ago.
  2. It affects people so differently. I’m glad that it wasn’t severe with your friend and that his wife didn’t get it. The 18yro that I know that has it has been in and out of the hospital. She’s had major lung issues and the doctors say that it may comprise her lung function permanently but she is recovering and I think she will survive.
  3. Maybe it will tie in with when he is eligible for parole. Also, the conviction of a hate crime on his record might influence a parole board in the future.
  4. Doesn't the conviction of a hate crime come with certain mandatory sentencing, meaning if a murder conviction in Georgia (I'm just making this up) could result in as little as five years, if it is determined to be a hate crime then there is harsher mandatory sentencing?
  5. How is that evidence that he wasn’t out for a jog when he stopped at the house? It sounds like you are making an assumption.
  6. I’m sorry. I must have missed it. What evidence do we have that he wasn’t out for a jog?
  7. I think that is helpful. Still, I am happier when my dad doesn’t leave the house. But as my stepmom is a nurse (not working a Covid wing right now) I am still worried and checking in on him/them daily.
  8. I read in an article yesterday that the second district attorney that recused himself wrote a litter to go to the next DA that what they did was perfectly legal under GA law. EDIT: The letter was written to the captain of the Glynn County PD.
  9. Some absolutely need their eyes opened. Let's be honest. If you don't live the life of a black man you don't know what a black man experiences. It doesn't matter what you ARE (a teacher, a preacher, a cop, a banker), it only matters what you are NOT. If you aren't a black man, you don't experience what he experiences. Just like if you aren't a cop, teacher or preacher, you don't know what they experience. I'm really afraid on this one that the killers won't serve time. This law where someone who is not a cop has the RIGHT to stop and detain anyone is insane. If you are a black man jogging in Georgia, how are you to know the difference between the guy who somehow has the "right" to detain you because he suspects you of a crime vs. the guy who says that but is really out to kill you? In reality, that can apply to any person. How does your 16 year old daughter know that the guy who runs up to her while she is jogging is legally detaining her because he suspects her of a crime vs. a guy who just says that but is using that "law" to where he can detain her and kidnap and rape her? When can she fight back? Again, it's a messed up law. I hope that I'm wrong, but I feel that these guys won't serve any time.
  10. I agree. I couldn't watch the video. To see someone just jogging along and then knowing what is about to happen, it's just too much.
  11. I know an 18 yro that has it. She was in the hospital for a time and said it was so scary to not be able to have your family there and to only have people in “hazmat” suits to interact with. She says that she wouldn’t wish the pain she has experienced on anyone. Extreme tiredness - she was exhausted after brushing her teeth.
  12. That one nearly broke me. The sacrifice that he made! "We" certainly can't reciprocate. I have sympathy for small business owners. But lots of them that I know agree. Lives>money.
  13. My stepmom is an RN and she is scared. I have former students who are now doctors and nurses who are pleading with people to just wait a little while longer.
  14. That’s why scientific double blind studies are so important. Thinking something is working and it actually working may be two different things.
  15. I enjoyed it. People getting to tell their sides and give opinions is interesting to me.
  16. There is a new episode out. It’s a follow up with interviews after the show premiered.
  17. I'm so sorry that you and your wife have this to worry about, on top of everything else. I wish that those that are so callous and only seem to worry about the fun they are missing in their lives or the economic consequences of a shutdown would really put themselves in your position.
  18. Exactly. Then “Karen” is usually on her phone, too, which I detest (except for when someone is discussing what is being purchased.
  19. Funny you should say that. PP92 was the first person I texted it to when I saw it last week.
  20. I have been home since March 18th, except for two trips to pick up Kroger Click List orders. Both times I was out, there seemed to be a lot of traffic in and around the grocery/supercenter/hardware stores. There is is an off-road course and racetrack less than a mile from my house. Over the weekend, I would estimate that at least 300 vehicles have driven past my house, loaded with their off roaders or dirt bikes. Several include campers for staying overnight. I doubt that this falls in the category of complying with social distancing directives.
  21. My stepmom’s results came back negative. What a relief.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.