Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

smokejumper

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by smokejumper

  1. http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=5137743&nav=menu181_4
  2. is there any moore information about players leaving (Qb) and going other places.
  3. Is there really a drop in pay between Williamsburg and Laurel County. if that is the Case LC needs to get on the ball. No way a 1a school that is not priviate should be on a higher pay scale than a 4a county. They wonder why Jep would leave. I bet if the pay scale was different his decision would at least been harder for him to make.
  4. MT: Are they going to anounce it today. I was talking to Tommy Reed on Wednesday and he said he was pretty sure it was going to be Chapell as head coach and the guy from MC as the d coach. What do you know.
  5. none. why not let the prisoners run the prision.
  6. Ok here is the first question of this type. Rummors or not I don't know. Question based off of a graduating SL player. 1. Bolwing may be going to Al with Jep (parents may be going there this weekend to look around) 2. Coach Brown is going to move to GA to be close to Cory 3. Coach Roberts is going to be working full time so can't coach 4. Jantzee (sp) upset at getting beat out by a freshman is moving to NL which in turn has made Stuber quit at NL what is up I am very happy for Jep to have this oppturnitunity but will miss him.
  7. I know that there is an abundent amount of rummors flying around this site. His house is up for sale (so I have been told) and people who have connections to the BOE are talking about it around Hazard. I know he won the all A one of the best two teams in the 14 for 3 or 4 years, and seems to keep reloading. What do people think.
  8. I am almost glad I am not there my heart is racing right now
  9. whats up. I know both teams and I am assuming South played like crap and Bville had the AA++ game. is this right
  10. hook up with stats after game. love SL but I am in NY for the week
  11. Is there any truth to the rumor that Spurlock is being let go after the Season is over. I had heard this from inside the school that he had all ready been informed of this about a month ago no matter what happens in the post season.
  12. I was at the game. It was over in the first half. The starters played about three minutes into the third before the subs were put it. Yes South did press pretty much the whole game but the subs really don't get a lot of game time. If in the next few games a starter goes down the subs need to have game experience doing what South likes to do press. I am just saying I feel he was just letting his younger players press just incase they need to go in, in big time game.
  13. So basically you are saying the starters probably should have played at all. Because you just said they have more competition in practice. Which means the back ups can compete better than WBurgs starters. You have to keep them in game ready shape. That means game atmosphere situations fans. You don't get that at practice
  14. I guess Coach Wright could have called the dogs off a little earlier but this is tournment time and if your top players are not getting quality minutes then they will be flat when a big game comes up. Also after the game I heard Coach hanyne talking this crap about poor Class A schools can't compete with 4A schools cough*excuse*cough that is crap. I guess Hanyne can't get enoff competion in class A. O wait they got beat in the first round of the 13 region All A by Middlesboro by 45. Hanyne wants the state to go to the class system to make us a cookie cutter state Kentucky is special. I think schools like University Heights, Bardstown, and Bishop Brossart would dissagree. Hanyne should just keep his mouth shut :fight:
  15. if you are saying the hounds are going to beat SL then you must not remember the two beatings you all ready took this year. :fire:
  16. This what this post was about for me. I hope people can see that Elam does his best at any given point. meaning he is giving his kids 100% of his ability every time he is in front of them. That is all. I would hate to see him or any coach forced out because some kids say he goes or I go, this is not the pros and at this level we don't need a TO.
  17. It might not have been the best day to start this thread though with a 44-point loss. QUOTE] I don't think it matters what day I started the thread. What I was saying was people need to get off Elam. I am sorry he just dosent have the best experienced talent in that county. Notice I said experienced. Give the the underclassmen a another year or so to come together and we will see what happens.
  18. I am sure Les could find the answer out. Can't you Les
  19. I have worked for the Knox County School System on separate occasions in the past four and a half years. I have also seen how another school system and sports are handled several of them going to state with one winning. Over the past few days I have heard the rummor mill going saying Elam needs to go at KC. What is this. He has had two down years after about four where KC was a legit threat for the Region title. I don't understand by the fans are getting on Elam. It is not Elam's fault that: - Kris Mills (I think one of the most under rated players to come out of the 13th because he is 5'8) was better then the other players and was able to start all four years there. But as a result of this some of the current Barbourville Seniors parents who at the the time played in the county system choose to send their kids to the city school. These kids played for the county and were better then their teammates who are not KC's players. So it makes sense that KC does not have the best players in the county. - I don't see why parents feel that starting for four years is what you should want in a school. - I also don't get why people are getting on Elam? didn't he just win two District titles and was Region runner up to a tough Rockcastel Team? Let me ask a question When was the last Region win for Barbourville and Dinky? Nobody questions that because in theory everybody says Knox Central is bigger and has better athletes. So here is another question. How is Hazard who is in the same city as a 3a Perry Central (about the same size at knox) is able to win the All A tourny and be able to compete on a year in-year out basis able to do that? Just some ramdon thoughts
  20. Hazard plays South Laurel on the 17th. They play Letcher on the 14th.
  21. I hope Zm has a big game. If anybody deserves it he does. An all around class act. Go all the way Zach
  22. I thought you would be going to Lexingtion?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.