Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe LeDuc

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Joe LeDuc

  1. "Is NOT interested in that job." This is what I was referring to and I am not wrong on this.
  2. Hopefully it will turn out just like last year for DCA.
  3. Definitely not true.
  4. I agree with some of this. Adkins led Mercer to Region Semis and Region Finals in his first 2 years. I think that any school would take this. He is a tough nosed coach that knows how to win but was greatly undermined by a set of parents and the AD. Andrew Sparrow is a great kid. Last year he was still developing, and I was told that he only averaged around 14 a game in JV play. Could he have played more last year? Sure. But his defense was lacking (key staple in Adkins scheme) and he played the same position as Trevor Ellis. Plus, his parents started talking about the coaches and talked about other kids. This does a kid no good. Definitely would have helped the team this year but not player of the year in the 12th. Landon Reed was a kid that was undersized and was not going to see the court last season. The kid wanted to play and made the move to Danville. He grew a few inches and turned into a terrific player. He would have been the starting point guard this year. You can throw the Dunn kid in with the AD issues. Very connected. Mercer definitely needs a coach that WANTS to stay and WANTS to build from the bottom up. Sparrow and McRay probably fit that mode with my lean going towards McRay. The 1st step that I would take is to get rid of the AD. He hated Adkins and created a culture that Adkins could no longer take. Football wise, the AD got rid of his "friend" of who had done everything the right way and replaced him with his nephew. The program has spiraled down since this change. Mercer, could and should be a beast in the 12th. They will never go in the direction of DCA and West but hiring the right coach and removing the current AD should propel them in the right direction. I am afraid that only one of these will happen.
  5. Should be another tough season next year with the future looking bright.
  6. That culture starts with the AD. That is the problem! Craig Yeast seemed like a good hire at first but the program that David Buchanan had built has quickly broken down. Basketball was down this year due to injuries and transfers. Kids (parents) are not willing to wait their turn anymore and the past 2 years success contributed to this.
  7. I am not a fan of either but I would much rather see this than 2 Olympic teams play.
  8. ......and you should have never been forced out.
  9. I was told that Smith and Adkins did not get along at all. Always lots of whispers and smoke anytime Smith is involved.
  10. I think that Donald Smith is the AD and from what I hear............he is a joke. I looked it up and Craig Yeast is the football coach and he is the only Yeast that I see mentioned.
  11. Not going to lie. I had to look up that definition.
  12. Not at all. Woodford prepared themselves for the post season by playing a pretty good schedule. Maybe they did not win 20 plus games, but they look to be post season ready and could potentially make a good run in the region. That is what I am saying.
  13. I think that we all saw tonight that awards and records don't compare to actually showing up on the court. Woodford has played a good schedule this year and was ready for the environment. Peaking at the right time.
  14. Anderson Co. with 21 wins. Ten of those wins came at the expense of the bottom teams of the region with only 1 win against a higher ranked (Henry Co.) region team. Don't be fooled by their record. South Oldham, North Oldham and Woodford have to be the favorites heading into tournament time. Great write up!
  15. "The redkneckist move". Love it!
  16. Watching Anderson live against the weak competition they have played year was probably more than enough! I am not a fan of the shot clock either. I might be proven wrong on this but I think it will help the better teams more than the struggling teams. Maybe not as many upsets.
  17. I guess we now know why Woodford's game on Friday was cancelled.
  18. Does anyone know how the 30th district seeds for the tournament? I ask this because I noticed that the Woodford and Anderson game has been cancelled for tonight (not for sure why as both schools are located off of major roadways) with no make-up date scheduled. This was the only time that they were scheduled to meet this season, so I am guessing that it is a blind draw but do not know for sure. I feel pretty confident in saying that Anderson was eager to cancel this game judging by their schedule this season.
  19. Early in the year, someone called out Henry Co. by saying that they were going to be really good this year. I sincerely doubted that, but they sure have turned things around and are playing good ball right now.
  20. Agree with that. I have seen the kid play a couple of times and there is no way he is D1. He is a solid high school player and does a good job of leading his team but D1 never crosses my mind on him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.