Everything posted by Cardsrule1972
-
KHSAA stats question
Our school uses Krossover for stats. They just post the game film and it is reviewed with stats within one day. It is awesome.
-
Bluegrasspreps.com Region 8 Week 2 in Review - 12/10/17
Well, the Anderson County ranking seems a bit high for a week to week ranking considering they are 0-3.
-
Bluegrasspreps.com Region 8 Week 2 in Review - 12/10/17
If your going week to week- I agree with you ColonelMike. By the way, you do a pretty good job on the coverage. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
-
Bluegrasspreps.com Region 8 Week 2 in Review - 12/10/17
Never said they didn't deserve their rankings. Where did you get that from? Early season records mean nothing though for the reasons I explained. Collins, WV, and Oldham are top three no doubt. I just think Collins will be the team at the end. Also, does Anderson deserve that ranking or is that just based on years past?
-
Bluegrasspreps.com Region 8 Week 2 in Review - 12/10/17
I don't look at these rankings on a week to week basis. I look at what teams have and what I think they will do at the end of the year. Collins just got their football players back and I believe they still have a contributor out with injury. At years end I think they will be the team to beat. Spencer County is ranked 8th in these polls--well I see a team that has played their first five games without their best player and could very easily be 5-0. I don't have an issue with Spencer County being ranked that low, but when healthy there is no way. I'm looking down the road. I realize Gallatin beat Collins, but if that game is played 10 times with Collins healthy Gallatin might win two. Collins would be ranked above them and Simon Kenton. I also, believe if healthy Spencer County is better than Anderson County. Time will tell. I'm looking down the road. So many teams just got their football players and some will be getting back key players from injury (Spencer County).
-
Bluegrasspreps.com Region 8 Week 2 in Review - 12/10/17
Spencer County is getting ready to go on a run with the probability of Sam Conley returning this week. Collins is way to low in these ratings.
-
South Oldham 48 Spencer County 47
Ugly sloppy game. Spencer County had a 5 point lead with 40 seconds and made some bad decisions and lost at the buzzer. Two tough losses for Spencer County. South Oldham got over 20 points from Young. Spencer County was in foul trouble early. If your a Spencer County fan I guess the silver lining is that you had South Oldham beat on their home court without your best player. Tough loss for the Bears.
-
8th Region Weekly Rankings - 12/3/17
This weeks round of games should make some things more clear.
-
Spencer County 72 Taylor County 52
I don't use the word outcoached lightly, but that is exactly what happened. On the defensive end Coach Burns put in the game plan to shut down Trevon Smith and it worked. On the offensive end, In the first half point guard Whitlock was carving them up so at the half Stallworth decided to face guard Whitlock and have somebody stay in his grill every second. Burns put Whitlock in the corner and said that's fine. It became four on four and Burns let Senior Jacob Coke go to work on the mismatches. Stallworth looked confused the whole game and made no adjustments. Don't mean to be critical, but that's exactly what happened. I will agree losing Oliver from the team last year is a big deal for them. The Smith brothers for them are very good. Spencer County has alot of weapons. Hard to shut down one or two players. Conley will make things even harder for teams when he gets back. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out.
-
Spencer County 72 Taylor County 52
Dognation2--Trevon Smith's brother Kybrin Smith had 21 and 7 rebounds. Don't think they are a one man team. They got out coached considerably.
-
Spencer County 72 Taylor County 52
Spencer County won this game without probably their best player-Sam Conley (broken hand). He will be back in a couple of weeks.
-
Gallatin County 76 Collins 65
Yes, Collins has one injured and I think their missing two. All their main players played I believe.
-
Spencer County 72 Taylor County 52
Spencer County was led by senior Jacob Coke with 17 and Freshman point guard Jake Whitlock with 18. Coach Burns put in the perfect game plan and the Bears executed perfectly holding Trevon Smith to 8 points. Defense was incredible. Big win for the Bears. Looks like Gallatin County and Spencer County might be coming in under the radar. Bears should get even better when Conley gets back in 10 days.
-
Schedule for Taylorsville Tip-Off Classic Saturday 12/2
St. X had another player--I think it was number 5 I really liked. A guard that liked to go left. I don't know his name.
-
Schedule for Taylorsville Tip-Off Classic Saturday 12/2
Just watched North Oldham and St. X. St. X has three pretty good players. James Taylor and the big guy Kiesler played well. North Oldham did not look very good. Looks like they have one player.
-
Schedule for Taylorsville Tip-Off Classic Saturday 12/2
12:30 North Oldham vs Saint X 2:15 Oldham County vs Rock Creek Academy 4:00 Desales vs Newport Central Catholic 5:45 Fairdale vs West Jessamine 7:30 Spencer County vs Taylor County All games at Spencer County High School
-
Franklin County 62 Spencer County 60 (OT)
Spencer County had a four point lead with 3 seconds and fouled on a made three. Franklin hit free throw and went to overtime. Hard fought game. Junior Jackson Cole for Bears had 27 and freshman point guard Jake Whitlock had 13 to lead the bears. Bears need Sam Conley to get back! They should be good enough to beat anybody in the region on a given night when healthy. Still so so young. Great game! Franklin County has an inside and outside game. Pretty good team.
-
Spencer County 51 Kentucky Country Day 24
Spencer County very scrappy and can light it up. Still missing their best player (Conley). Be back in a couple of weeks.
-
Fairdale 64 Spencer County 59 ( Scrimmage)
Each team won two quarters a piece. Spencer County looked pretty good considering two of their key players did not play due to recovering from injury(Sam Conley, Lucas Hornback). Fairdale is very athletic. Spencer County is scrappy. When the Bears get healthy they should be better than last year.
-
BluegrassPreps.com 8th Region Boys Basketball Preview
He will be a problem for most teams.
-
BluegrassPreps.com 8th Region Boys Basketball Preview
ColonelMike-Good Job on the 29th and 32nd. I disagree somewhat with the evaluation of the 30th and 31st. Top four teams in the region are interchangeable (I evaluate teams on what I think they will be at the end of the year and I think Collins will be the winner). I know I have the homer tag for Spencer County, but no way they are 8th. 5-6 range with the capability of knocking off a big dog on a given night ( not deep and an injury would change things). Several key players on Spencer County not even mentioned (big time improvement from some upperclassmen, young players, and some size in a transfer). From what I have seen Spencer will be better than last year. Gallatin County should not be ranked above Spencer County and I think Shelby County will continue to struggle. I like Collins team though. South Oldham, Simon Kenton, and Spencer County are interchangeable in my opinion. Look forward to seeing how things play out. Just my observations from summer (AAU and summer leagues). Coby Penny much improved!
-
8th Region (Cats Pause) Preview with corrections
Who is doing the preview this year?
-
8th Region (Cats Pause) Preview with corrections
Anxious to see how some of the young talent on Spencer County handles the pressure of being in primary roles. Senior Jacob Coke could be on the region top ten list. Freshman Sam Conley is no doubt the best freshman in the region. I would say most people are taking a wait and see approach with the Bears considering they are so young. They got some much needed size in a transfer from PRP. Senior Jacob Nichols is a great rebounder and defender. Junior Jackson Cole is one of the regions best three point shooters. Junior guard Jacob Seawright, freshman wing Sam Conley, and Freshman point guard Jake Whitlock all had good summers on the AAU circuit. They should all three be in key roles. Like I said young, young, and young. They might struggle early, but be ready by the time it matters. Also, freshman Lucas Hornback is very talented. Spencer County probably a year away from region contender. I think by years end Collins will be the best in the region.
-
8th Region Cats Pause??
Spencer County transfer Amie Conley (Shelby County) could very well be on that top ten player list. That would give Spencer County three of the top players in the region.
-
Cats Pause 8th Region Preview
Watched several of these teams this summer and was able to see a few of the players from some of the top teams in AAU games and different camps. This is what I see the rankings being based upon what I have seen. 1. Walton Verona 2. Collins 3. Anderson County 4. Oldham County 5. Simon Kenton 6. Spencer County 7. North Oldham 8. South Oldham 9. Gallatin 10. Grant County Coby Penny is the best player in the region. Saw him several times this summer and he has really improved (not an Anderson County fan). College attention reflects that. South Oldham is really going to be down. Collins is going to be very good again( starting five is very good). Just my two cents.