Everything posted by RickGrimes
-
Open Jobs
Former coach at Doss? Was he at Ballard this past season?
-
Open Jobs
Back to the thread, I am interested to see what happens at someplace like Ballard. Is there someone on staff there that takes that job, someone else from JCPS, someone outside JCPS? Tough district and region, so I'm interested to see who pursues that job.
-
Open Jobs
Again, could be totally off base. As I said one instance.
-
Open Jobs
Other than being named Jaggers what is his qualifications that he seems to always come up with jobs? Full disclosure, Ive only been around him one time at a 7 on 7 event and he was more interested talking about himself than coaching his team that day. Didnt leave much of an impression.
-
Open Jobs
Ha ha . . . my thoughts also, but didn't want to be the one to say it.
-
Open Jobs
I'm just saying I would assume they are looking for someone with prior HC experience, so that causes the dominoes to fall elsewhere.
-
Open Jobs
I have a feeling after the new year you will see some openings. Or after some of the better jobs on this list, like Bell and Ballard get filled.
-
Dupont Manual Has a New Football Coach
Probably not a bad hire, but typical JCPS. Instead of taking the time to reach out and explore what candidates are truly interested, hire a buddy of principal and move on.
-
Landmark vote splits N.J. H.S. football along public/non-public lines
Public but independent school district, public but "traditional" or "magnet", private, what's the difference? The bigger factor is whether or not the school, administration, etc want to commit the resources to be successful.
-
Bowling Green/Pulaski County Updates
Been reading all day, just want to say thanks for all the updates
-
Open Jobs
On top of I don't think Bullitt County board of education would let him be an Assistant Principal and a Head Coach. Might happen in some smaller counties but I can't recall it happening in Bullitt without some major dilemma. I believe North Bullitt's basketball coach was let go during the season a couple years ago and the former coach was an Assistant Principal and took over for the remainder of the year.
-
Open Jobs
I wasn't aware of any TNHS kids coming from Bloomfield. If that's the case then any even worse set-up than I thought.
-
Open Jobs
Thomas Nelson gets kids from New Haven and OKH. Nelson gets all of Bloomfield and the other part of OKH. They split east and west with 150 being the dividing line, for the most part.
-
Open Jobs
Oh I understand. Thomas Nelson is kind of set-up to struggle from a football perspective. They get kids from the New Haven area which until recently did not have a youth football program, soccer is big there. When the school opened they were in a 2A district with CAL, DeSales and Bardstown. This year they joined a 3A district with Central, Bardstown and Henry County. So it is going to be very tough for them to compete consistently until they can build things at the younger levels, in my opinion, those are very strong established programs. Not sure what is going on at Nelson. The new facility they have is gorgeous, though I heard very sparsely attended. I know by enrollment they asked to play up in 5A instead of being in a 4A district with John Hardin. I don't know if they thought they'd be more competitive in 5A but they only won 1 district game this year against a bad Oldham County and didn't make the playoffs. From when I've gone to watch them it seems like they can't settle on a scheme. A few years back they were option, then air raid no huddle throwing it 50 times a game, to something different again this year.
-
Open Jobs
Can't apply for a job that isn't open . . . I have several coaching friends in Bullitt, Hardin, Shelby and Nelson counties, so I try to keep up with what is going on in the programs in those areas.
-
Open Jobs
Still don't think anything 100% official, job is not posted anywhere that I see. But all things considered it sounds like it will be open soon.
-
How about Kentucky having 3 out of the 5 winningest HS football programs?
Age is a factor. Don't they always talk about the Male/Manual rivalry dating back to the 1890s or early 1900s? Hard for schools opened in the 60s and 70s to be on this kind of list.
-
Open Jobs
I've only heard of APs coaching out in the state in smaller districts. I would suspect larger districts like Jefferson, Bullitt, Oldham, Hardin, etc. would not be in favor of administrators also coaching.
-
Open Jobs
And that someone is . . .
-
Open Jobs
Interesting to see who applies for that one.
-
Open Jobs
He posted in this thread. Resigned because he wanted to apply for other coaching jobs.
-
Lexington Catholic 35 Elizabethtown 14
Couldnt tell from my angle but we assumed he got in. My point was the original post made it sound like Lex Cath just handed Etown ball inside 5. First it was 4th down anyway, second Etown hit that kid pretty hard to cause fumble. But yes it appeared Lex Cath got in play before and was ruled down at 1.
-
Lexington Catholic 35 Elizabethtown 14
That fumble was definitely forced. Depth played a big factor and Etown couldnt take advantage of some good opportunities. Fumble by Lex Cath to start 2nd half, Etown couldve scored to tie at 14.
-
Lexington Catholic 35 Elizabethtown 14
Was 14-7 until about a minute left in 3rd qtr. Then a Lex Cath score, 3 and out and punt return TD to blow it open. Close for a long time.
-
Lexington Catholic vs. Elizabethtown 3A State Semifinal
I can believe that score with Etowns PAT problems