Everything posted by The Big Cat
-
Conner 1 Cooper 0 (9 Innings)
I agree "HAMMER", but this was brought up in this thread and continued. I felt the need to explain the situation since there was all kinds of BS being put on here and wanted to set the record straight. No Excuses, but explanation of the situation at hand. If names are going to be put out though, and it be my son, I will protect him in every way. I consider this thread should be put to an end, PERIOD!
-
Conner 1 Cooper 0 (9 Innings)
I do want to say, that has not been the case with Cooper regarding this matter. They have their finger on the pulse and ready to jump if need be. Very impressed at every level.
-
Scott injury woes continue
Get Well Soon Brendan!!!
-
Conner 1 Cooper 0 (9 Innings)
Clyde....All I can say is the situation is being closely monitored by the school.
-
Conner 1 Cooper 0 (9 Innings)
Thank You! He is just now starting to feel better physically and is working hard to get himself out of his academic situation. He has become eligible grade wise already, but will not play til next week. Rules are rules and we follow them. As a dad regarding bullying, it's hard to let that situation go.
-
Conner 1 Cooper 0 (9 Innings)
For all that are interested with the Dunn situation, here you go! #1. On Monday afternoon Dunn left school early for the dr. for virus and dehydration. So to put that first rumor to rest, yes he has been sick for the past 2 days #2. Talked to coach after dr to find out the issue of grades will keep him out this week anyway. Not that we feel it is necessary for all to know the particulars behind this problem it seems to be out there so here it is. Dunn has unfortunately been dealing with an issue at school for much of the school year with bullying. No need to go further, but that being said anyone who has ever dealt with this sort of problem will be able to tell you it can effect many areas of a child's life including social, emotional and academic. The school and his teachers are all aware and have been working with him now that this issue is resolved, so please do not think this is a matter of "excuses". Rules are rules.....no grades does = no play. Life sometimes gives you situations that are tough but if you are smart you learn and grow from them. However, instead of rumors and comments and wondering, if there is anything else you wish to know about the situation Dunn is involved in please feel free to ask me. Not hard to find, just ask for Roger if you happen to be at a game.
-
Conner 1 Cooper 0 (9 Innings)
Here's a thought....why couldn't it just be a safety squeeze. Then you could do it on the first pitch if need be.
-
Conner vs Cooper- Predictions (4/22)
Dunn is out of todays game due to illness. Come on Cooper put the Cougars away.
-
Dixie Heights 4 Cooper 2
These are the games missed. I'm not going to pull any punches on this. AJ is a great player amongst many great players on this team. I think him missing had an impact but, if certain coaching comments are not made before the Ryle game, we could be looking at a different situation, and the kids would have remained on a high after just beating CCH 2 days previous. BAR NONE the biggest win in Cooper Baseball's young high school history. Well that didn't happen and it's time to start getting the kids on the field that need to be on the field to build consistancy with each other. I will not discuss my "coaching comments" remark so please don't even ask. We will see how things go the second half of the season. If these kids play the way they can, I don't think teams will really want to play them. Conner is really the only team that gave Cooper a beat down. Fri. 5 at Ryle Lost Sat. 6 Conner Lost Sat. 6 Covington Catholic Lost Mon. 8 at Simon Kenton Won Tue. 9 at Beechwood Won Sat. 13 at Henry Clay Lost
-
Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)
Thus far Cooper has 2 players commited: Nick Carr - Spaulding University and AJ Collins - Thomas More. Jared Blank is still up in the air between Union, Hanover and Cumberland if I'm not mistaken. Chris Setser passed on Asbury to go to University of Lousiville and bypass baseball. Jaelin Shumacher, Cole Rowland and Jason Doerman are the remaining seniors that I have no clue what they are even looking to do. That's not to bad IMO!!!
-
Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)
I won't diagree with the assessment, but I would have chosen a different game when I feel things got rough. In regards to coach dads and being one at one point, a coach, I think that goes on everywhere. Who was the Cooper kid being looked at if I may ask?
-
Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)
I would like to question your team chemistry comment since I do agree with HB.
-
Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)
Bluebird, I would concur. I would like to know what games you have seen thus far, since I have my own thoughts when the ship got off course?
-
Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)
I see where your coming from. The kids, like I've said for quite some time, just need to block it out. I know, easy to say, and truthfully I don't think not one of them can completely block things out. Some just have a higher, PERCENTAGE BLOCKER, than the others. He does want hustle even if your out by 90ft. and has always been like that. Ok, 90ft is extreme, but he wants it. I would rather retain energy if you are out that easily myself. The runner incident was confusing to really everyone, so I don't really know why he wouldn't get a pass on that one. I personally don't like sulking after a situation. Go back to the bench, beat yourself up a little, cuss yourself out in your head and move on and start cheering for your team. The at bat is over and there is nothing you can do anyway.
-
Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)
Props to Campbell County. They seem to be getting on a nice little roll.
-
Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)
I was told last night, that the West High games were cancelled. So, today is the only day we would play, if we do. I'm sure Biegs is probally feelinig good about this, since this looks to have been an over scheduling IMO.
-
Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)
Jag....Cant agree more. But I will say this. Knowing each others capabilities on the field. Going into the line-up knowing that each other has each others backs is also important. Knowing the runners in front of you is also huge. Hard to get that without consistancy. Personally, I can deal with physical errors, unless the player is just having one of those games, but mental errors are my biggest issue. I would like to know how many base running mistakes those kids I have listed have actually made? If you count the potential one at the Dixie game with Luis, I would have to say the runner from 3rd should have scored with the ball being hit to the right side. He was held by the coach, which was a mistake. Worst case is, if they come home and get the runner, we still have first and third with 2 outs with I thing Jared coming to the plate. I only bring this one up because I feel that this was looked at as a baserunning mistake and actually it was not, IMO.
-
Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)
As people who know who I am on here, I am a true believer in warming up the pitchers. If they are going to be brought in it helps them warm back up, because lets face it, they may not have to make a throw for 3 - 4 or even more innings other than the tossing between. I do think that is not the right thing to do. Shocker though, I did about fall out of my chair the other day watching I think USC and Arizona St. and one of the teams brought the Center Fielder right to the bump in the middle of an inning.
-
Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)
I am basing Collins playing 1b due to the throws from the outfield. He also needs to look at being a "Wakefield" on the bump IMO.
-
Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)
Jag, Hellbird and whoever else. Until this group of kids is consistantly on the field it's going to be tough bottom line. You will have to plug here and there, but not 2-3 at a time. This is no order and my opinion. Carr - CF Burgos - LF or RF Blank - SS Collins - 1B Dunn - 3B Lawhorn - LF or RF Shumacher - 2B Fussinger - C If Dunn is on the mound then plug McMahon. If Lawhorn, plug Hawthorn and so on. Not Rocket Science. This is what I feel is the best Defensive and Offensive team hands down. We are not in Little League no more and players need to accept roles, if they are not considered a consistant starter. Shumacker shouldn't leave 2B unless he is pitching and then you plug a player in for him. If this offends anyone I am sorry.
-
Who are the Top 5 Pitchers thus far in the 9 Region?
I still haven't got to see Heppler. I like Hoard (Ryle) in there somewhere, but that is a solid list Raiderbird.
-
Highlands 14 Newport 0
Nice pics!!! Had to be a blast for them this time of the year to go to Myrtle.
-
Who are the Top 5 Pitchers thus far in the 9 Region?
OK "History"....He doesn't do this and I'm sure people will back down. What are you going to do if he does, since your posting a demand? Don't take it out on the kid. From the pitiching perspective it's been on his shoulders since he was a Freshman. That just sounds salty IMO!
-
Who's the best in NKY right now?
Let's clear some things up about Dunn. I follow him closely and I'm not saying he is or isn't one of the better pitchers in the region. Game 1 - St. Henry (Hellbird) is correct. First Inning 2 K's and GO. Second Inning K (got away) runner on 1b, next batter FC 2nd and next batter 4-6-3 DP end of inning. 3 K's, 0 BB, 0 ER Game 2 - Holy Cross - First Inning 2 ER, Second Inning 0 ER, Third Inning was pulled after 3 1/3. Defense got pretty rough. Mechanically he was off and velocity down, but 2 or 3 ER and 0 BB I can't say that he really had trouble finding the zone more like he was finding the HC bats. Game 3 - CCH 5 Innings 3K's, 1 BB and 1HBP with 0-1 ER. I put the run on him in my book. You can make your own decisions from there when he's on or not. Not sure on K's since I don't know what it was against HC, but I know he has had 1 bb and 1 HBP thus far this season through 10 1/3 Innings.
-
Covington Catholic 9 -4
This was the game against Cooper yesterday.