Everything posted by The Big Cat
-
Blake Tiberi Reaches 200 Hits
Cograts to another NKY standout!!!
-
Beechwood Hires Head Coach - Dick Maile
What happened to Mullins?
-
NCC's Josh Cain Commmits
Congrats to another NKY kid. What is IU-Southeast? Illinois or Indiana or something else.
-
Who are the current top ten teams and pitchers in the 9th region?
hja.........I feel confident that you, hellbird and I are on the same page. I think we can all look at each others comments and see where each other is coming from. You do have to admit that there were some pretty fantastic and heads up defense.
-
Who are the current top ten teams and pitchers in the 9th region?
Being a Cooper fan here obviously, I would like to know when you have seen the Cooper pitchers? Reading your past post on here, it looks like you stay in one district for the most part.
-
Covington Catholic 2 Conner 1
Arlo is a great guy and I can see him putting out a helping hand to all of his kids multiple times. This sounds truly beyond Arlo and he needs to seek out professional help. That's what his mom and dad should be worried about instead of being up at the school complaining. JMO!!!
-
Who are the current top ten teams and pitchers in the 9th region?
I agree with what your saying Hellbird, but one thing sticks out to me if Dunn is on the mound. The Defense is not as good and I say that because of the switching of multiple players on the infield. When the infield is Hawthorn/Setser, Shumacher, Blank and Dunn, I will GUARANTEE the errors are much lower barring the one Ryle game. When Dunn steps on the mound the defense gets weakend by taking players out of their positions. Perfect example would have to be this past weekend where there might have been some misques, but also some really really good plays defensively. And on another note......FUSSINGER IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN CATCH DUNN CONSISTANTLY, NO ONE ELSE on this team, and it showed in the Ryle game bad. Wake Up America!!!! Ok......got my two cents worth....lol!!!
-
Dixie Heights 5 Lloyd 0
For having a sub par outing, it should have been good enough for Lloyd to still take this game. I didn't hear any mention of the Stevens kid, so wondered who actually hit? Sounds like a couple hits in the right times, you would be looking at a different outcome possibly.
-
Dixie Heights 5 Lloyd 0
Sounds out of character for Brown. He must have been off due to his commitment to Thomas More!!! Leaving a "SMALL VILLAGE" on the pads don't help either.
-
Ryle 13 Cooper 2
I dont' remember exactly how they got on, but this was the situation. 2 out, runner's on 1b and 2b. Pitching to batter and passed ball occurs and runners move to 2b and 3b. Next pitch to same batter WP runner from 3b scores and runner from 2b goes to 3b. Same batter, 1 or 2 pitches later and the batter K's, out number 3.
-
Ryle 13 Cooper 2
I will say this....Biegs did the right thing getting Dunn out of the game as things just seemed to go to "Hell in a hand basket".
-
Ryle 13 Cooper 2
Fuss should have been catching tonight and Burt should have caught tomorrow if they are going to be doing what they are doing. JMO!!!
-
Ryle 13 Cooper 2
That's what I thought, but wasn't for sure. Thank you for clearing that up for me. You are the man when it comes to this stuff. Thank You!
-
Ryle 13 Cooper 2
So....First and Second, passed ball, on a waist high fastball, runners 2nd and 3rd. Next pitch WP run is considered an ER?
-
Ryle 13 Cooper 2
Question to "TOG". Misplayed balls by outfielders, do you consider an error and passed balls by the catchers, do you put that in as an ER or UER? You seem to know a lot about how these things are scored so would like your opinion? Thanks "TBC"
-
Ryle 13 Cooper 2
A couple postion questions, but the Raiders took advantage of the Jaguars miscues. 4-5 passed balls and 6 errors made it rough. Dunn threw decent after a 2 week layoff and the Raiders swings were defensive since his FB was clocking 86-87 to start the game. They didn't have an earned run against him, but like usual, took advantage when it was given to them. Still waiting to see the Jags put the line-up on the field to give them the best shot. Plug one position and don't create situations to were you have to plug multiple spots by moving players out of position. That was not the big problem tonight, but still an issue. The passed balls were on the catcher, but then again, he's used to catching kids that don't break 75 and you could throw one kid in there that might hit 80 on a good day. Fussinger is usually the kid that catches him, but not today. Don't know if I can blame the other catcher since he's never caught him though. All I can say is it's a big difference from a MPH level and had to be tough for him. Hat's off to Justin Hoard on keeping the Jags off balance.
-
Lloyd Memorial's Addison Brown commits to Thomas More
Congrats to Addison! Very nice young man!
-
Ryle vs Cooper May 1st (Predictions)
Jags1818....You might have just wanted to check on NKY.com if all you were wanting scores...lol. You are going to get everything pretty much on here from Bull, Sarcasm, The Truth etc.. Just sayin:up:
-
Highlands catcher Quentin Murray commits to Georgetown Ky
Always great to see any kid move on to play College ball! Congrats!!!
-
Lloyd firstbaseman Jimmy Stevens commits to Mt. St. Joe
Always great to see any kid move on to play College ball! Congrats!!!
-
Ryle vs Cooper May 1st (Predictions)
I guess we will see what happens. There's supposed to be some changes and commitment to the line-up the rest of the way out. Hope this happens so these boys can make some noise like everyone really thought they would. Time to play High School Baseball and not Knothole and Little League. Players need to know their roles and shut their mouths and back their teammates.
-
Cooper's Jared Blank commits to...
Congrats and Great job J Blank!!!
-
Covington Catholic 4 Cooper 3
You are right "G1"!!! From what I understand since I wasn't at the games except the end of this one, the Coaching Staff needs to retrieve their heads from a region below the waist. It's getting really bad and the indians are getting restless! They have had key players out this month due to various reasons, which have made things rough but that is no excuse. They have a team that would be very hard to beat if they just start letting them play together and get used to each other. They have 2 of the 3 key players back, so maybe things will start to get better, but from what I saw, I can see why they might be getting uptight. Ugly win over Scott, but a Win is a Win.
-
Covington Catholic 9 Dixie Heights 4
Bottom line is that they are not doing it for free. They get paid to do a job. They really have no one to answer to unless they get out of hand. They are the gods on the field and I do not seeing anyone there watching them to make sure they are doing there job right. They can toss players, coaches and fans, yet if they continue to do there job bad there doesn't seem to be any repercussions. I like the majority of the guys that are out there, but they need to learn not to have "Rabbit Ears" and move on. If it becomes personal from a fan to an umpire then toss them out of the park. That should be one reason I can think of that would a time to send the fan home. I could be mistaken but these guys make $65.00 a game. If that is the case, that's some pretty good jack if you look at most games being about 2 hours.
-
Conner 1 Cooper 0 (9 Innings)
I have already requested this not long ago.