Everything posted by LIPTON BASH
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
I mean his story did change. He claimed he was jumped by two white men and his attorney admits it was the two Nigerian brothers now.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
He did seek them out and they were willing participants until the Chicago PD leaked conflicting reports and even then it took awhile to sway most the media. There is nothing to defend.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
I honestly don't care what happens to Jussie since noone else was hurt. The part of this story I cared about the most was the medias willingness to play along without doing any real investigating. It has become all to common if a story fits a narrative for the media run with it without fact checking.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
He was indicted on 16 counts today.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
I hope this trial is televised. I'm consumed by the twists now.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
If that's true it will be interesting when the brothers names were first released it was reported one of them worked LGBTQ fundraisers or something of that nature.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
Like I said in the other post the defenses entire job will be to prove motive on behalf of the brothers to set Jussie up.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
1. Brothers testimony 2. If payment for workouts isn't consistent with their other clients 3. If there were any witnesses to the attack or when they practiced to the attack If he tries to discredit the brothers it will be hard. They would have to prove motivation on their part when he just paid them a nice amount of money.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
Also it can't be repeated enough his lawyer is one of the best defense lawyers in the country. Those type of lawyers don't lose often.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
I've always thought the letter would be near impossible to prove. I think any conviction will come from the attack.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
Agreed. But I believe Jussie wrote on the memo line of the check something about "Physical Training." I guess from there you have to prove is $3500 a reasonable amount for 5 weeks of training based on other clients the brothers had.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
I could see a defense saying the brothers took casual conversation as direction to committ the act but Jussie was just joking. Not saying it will work but that or what you listed are the only plausible defenses I can see.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
Police chief does seem confident. I will say Jussie has one of the best defense attorneys in America so if there is way out this guy will find it.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
I think the fact a majority of his peers think he faked it will hurt him more than any minimal punishment he can get from this charge.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
I mean with the evidence we know now I lean toward he was involved. But I think your right depending of the testimony of brothers it may be hard to prove.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
This is just a strange story. Either he was involved or the two brothers did this on their own?
-
Beechwood 57 Covington Catholic 53
I have no dog in the fight just checking scores from out of town. But they let Pouncy ref HS games. Hilarious.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
100% should go both ways. It's why a few years ago I took the approach on this site of waiting to post on controversial topics until I can gather enough facts. Everyone regardless of beliefs or ideology, their initial response if lacking facts is going to be based on emotion. Emotional responses often will come back to haunt you.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
This 100% happened and is part of the problem. CNN and other outlets should do their own reporting and not use TMZ as their source. On a positive note to piggy back off a previous thread the best reporting was done by the local Chicago media. Some on Twitter attacked those local reporters and their police sources but so far seem to be the most accurate.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
It is the context of reporting as fact without verifying the story and the wording of the headlines . Then the multiple media members on Twitter injecting opinion and some cases threats of violence against imaginary perps. Headline should read Jussie Smolett claims racist and homophobic attack.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
There were actual media members criticizing the use of the word "alleged". If we can't even use terms like this without it being labeled in a negative fashion the news media is dead. I just don't know what is so hard about using caution when a story checks every box for red meat for specific agendas. Regardless of which side or agenda.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
Did the Media Jump the Gun on the Jussie Smollett Story? I know after the fact CNN tried to paint this picture but as this article shows media across the country jumped the gun.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
The media complains about the public not trusting them or being called fake news. But they continue to make the same mistake of rushing to judgement or forming an opinion before all the facts are known. It also isn't a coincidence that the rush to judgement seems to be heavily to one ideology.
-
Justin Powell announces Transfer
This is a no brainer move. Congrats to the young man.
-
Drinking at Athletic Events
HS students have been drinking since HS started. Drinking by adults in public isn't changing that.