Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

oldschoolcoach

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by oldschoolcoach

  1. If the Rebels can hit the three like they did tonight they can play with most anyone. I believe they hit 5 or 6 in the first quarter. Don't know the official stats but I bet they were close to 50 pct. for the game on threes. That's tough to beat when you have the bigs to back it up.
  2. Carroll County held an alumni game on Saturday night. It was an enjoyable night of basketball and to reminisce through the years. The teams were divided and coached by Randy Mefford and Bobby Joe Simpson. Some of the players returning to play were Marc Mumphrey, Tommy Spencer, Keith Goff, Billy Welch, Ross Llewellyn, Donnie Hensley, Ashley Thomas, Brian Izor, Steve Wallace, Jason Polley, Jay Jones, Chris Breeck, and others too numerous to list. It seemed everyone had a great time.
  3. If Hicks does not live with his parents "in" the school district this could be a bordeline rules violation. Maybe not this year but surely will come up in years to come. I have been thru this and have had kids I coached go through this.
  4. I love going to the 8th region tournament at Henry. I have been to at least 39 in a row!Even if I have no "dog in the fight' I will still go just for the atmosphere. I have seen the place locked down by the fire marshall for overcrowding and there were still 1000-1500 still outside waiting to get in. Every seat full and 10 deep in the end zone.
  5. I know North has to be the favorite in the 29th but could any one pick this one? They all are competitive and any one could jump up and win it.
  6. I for one cannot imagine one of Coach Duvall's teams not playing hard or together. He is one of the best young coaches to hit this region in years.
  7. Coldiron, Ronnie Saylor, Gary Teague
  8. Trimble led most of the way but couldn't get away from Evangel. In the 4th quarter Evangel went on a run and led by 10 with 3-4 mins. left. Trimble did a nice job of clawing back in it behind Law and Sullivan and a great defensive effort. Trimble finally caught up with 10 seconds left on a basket by Webb. Cory Turner hit 2 fts to finish the scoring. Trimble needed an emotional game to get them ready for the A and they got it. Good Luck in the tournament Trimble!
  9. Trimble over Gallatin- Williamstown over Henry- Walton over Carroll just tonight! My oh my it should be a good one next week.
  10. Trimble really needed a win at this time. My hat's off to them. Now maybe they can get on a roll going into the A tournament.
  11. I've been around the 8th region for a looong time and I don't think I've ever seen the A tornament so evenly matched. Is there no real favorite? Who's playing good right now? I've seen almost all the teams this year and I couldn't pick this one so far. I'm sure it will be a barn burner through and through. I feel the Wed. night games will be hotly contested as well as Tues. This year reminds me of the late-mid 90s and how down to the wire all those were.
  12. I believe Trimble has a much better team than they have showed thus far.I have seen them play a few games this season and I still haven't figured them out. They should be more intelligent on the floor with the senior full team, but it's not coming thru in the games. They need a gut check/ego check going into the All-A.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.