Everything posted by brad_bchs
-
Bell County/Whitley County Predictions
I'd Like to see Carton and Davenport get about 10-15 carries each. I may be given grief over this, but I honestly believe Carton is the best back on this team if he shows up in shape. That in no way is discounting any of the other kids’ abilities though; Bell has 4 or 5 kids that could be the #1 back on just about any other team in this general area. Carton has the strength to pick up the tough yards that Davenport hasn’t been able to get at some times, and Davenport has that big play speed that Carton doesn’t, a nice mixture of these two, plus the passing game with athletes like Raines and the older Davenport at receiver could lead to some serious headaches for opposing defenses.
-
Bell County 36 Johnson Central 6
14-6 at half is what the radio was saying.
-
Bell County 36 Johnson Central 6
Carton will be a load to bring down, can't wait to see him hit the field and get some carries:ylsuper:
-
Bell County 36 Johnson Central 6
I listened on the radio, Cory Davenport, Matt Raines and John Dudley all had a great game. 2 fumbles by JC in the second half, both leading to TD's really seemed to hurt them.
-
Bell County 36 Johnson Central 6
Final.
-
Bell County/Johnson Central Predictions
From what I've been told all of the trouble he had been in has been taken care of and cleared up since he was dismissed from the team and he's been staying out of trouble.
-
Bell County/Johnson Central Predictions
From what several players, and others alike have told me over the last few days, RB Dominic Carton has been given his second chance, and has returned to Bell Co. and will be playing ball this season. The players voted him back onto the team, Can't wait to see him out there. Hopefully he makes good on his second chance:ylsuper:
-
Bell County/Johnson Central Predictions
I'm not guessing any kind of score on this one because Bell seems so inconsistent right now. I'll pick them to come out with the win, but not sure on the margin or how impressive they'll look. Possibly getting a certain kid back on the team is gonna help out big time in the long run! I wish I could make the trip to see this one.
-
Horn Lake, MS 33 Johnson Central 20
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Rebel, your my new hero. You Boyle County fans are great haha. VERY NICE applebees there in town by the way, got a chance to stop and eat on the way home from Marion, hope to make the trip back up soon:thumb:
-
Bell County/Johnson Central Predictions
:laugh::lol: I dont know if Bell will be putting 49 up for a few weeks. Their offense still seems a little flat right now, and very inconsistent with some newer guys trying to get the feel of some new positions. I've gotta say though, the passing game looked great against Marion. Ben Madon was putting the ball exactly where it needed to be, where if a play was made only his receivers would be making it. Showed alot of composure to in just taking sacks the last few weeks instead of slingin' it up for anyone who wants it. Defense also seemed as if it was starting to click against Marion besides the 4th quarter meltdown. Unless JC has a running QB, it may be tough for them to move the ball.
-
Alcoa, TN 41 Maryville, TN 24
The score isnt far off from last weeks. Alcoa is a great squad.
-
Bell County/Marion County Predictions
:ohbrother: Let's hope your friend's are wrong and haven't figured out a way to determine the winner before the last second ticks off the clock in the 4th quarter. Haha, just kiddin'. I hope it's a good one if I'm gonna be driving 2 1/2 hours:thumb:
-
Boyle County/Rockcastle County Predictions
Rockcastle doesn't have much of a passing history. I know Boyle's defense can and will stop the run. Boyle by as many as they want. 56-0.
-
Bell County/Marion County Predictions
He was at the Bell-Alcoa game with a few of the Marion Co. kids
-
Bell County/Marion County Predictions
I'm picking Bell. They're gonna come out looking to make a statement to the rest of 4A and the rest of the teams they play for the next few weeks. You better beleive the coaches got after these boys, and I'm sure they are more than ready to respond. How long is the drive from Bell County to Marion County? I want to make this trip since its on a Saturday.
-
Alcoa, TN 42 Bell County 14
I agree. Even though it happened because of some serious cramping, it was nice to see some young players get out there against a team at the caliber of Alcoa. Throwing them out there into the pits is only going to help in the long run, especially since some of them responded and played pretty well. Although Bell has a tough schedule this year with the exception of a few games no one else on the schedule is up to par with Alcoa. This is going to end up being one of the better Bell Co. teams we've had IMO. I dont think last years team could have contended with Alcoa either so, no reason for these boys to hang their heads.
-
Alcoa, TN 42 Bell County 14
The Davenport boy your always raving about looked pretty darn good last night:notworthy:. I'd of liked to seen him get some more carries earlier in the game after that big run.
-
Alcoa, TN 42 Bell County 14
I mentioned that in my first post. The Alcoa fans we're really friendly. I talked to one guy from the time Bell got off the feild until the end of the first quarter in the Middlesboro game. Very friendly, down to earth people, I agree 100 % with you about that KB. I'll say they're the best group we've had up on log mountain in a while next to Boyle Co.:thumb: Also heard several players from both teams and fans from Alcoa say theyd like to play this game next year as well.
-
Alcoa, TN 42 Bell County 14
I don't understand the reasoning behind running a play action pass on 4th down from the two yard line with the game basically over. I'll repeat- I didnt see an overwhelming speed or athleticism advandtage between the two teams how people said there would be. I saw a very solid team, deep talented team in Alcoa battle it out for a half with a not as deep Bell County team. In the second half many of the kids on Bell's team was exhausted from trying to string together long time consuming drives on offense, then going right back out on the other side of the ball trying to get a stop. Had Bell had more depth, or been able to do without the constant cramps, I truly beleive this would have been a bit closer. I think Alcoa wins the game either way though.
-
Alcoa, TN 42 Bell County 14
I was waiting for you Switzer. Honestly I didn't think Alcoa's overall athleticism or overall team speed was really leaps and bounds above Bell's how you made it seem. The fact that basically our whole offense was on defense all night as well hurts alot. I'll say #15 was one of the most explosive backs I've seen, but I've seen a few better. Not to take anything away from him of course.
-
Alcoa, TN 42 Bell County 14
I agree, this will only humble these kids, and make them a stronger team.:thumb:
-
Alcoa, TN 42 Bell County 14
The score doesn’t dictate this one at all. This was more of a 28-14 game then 42-14, if that makes sense. They win regardless but the late TD in the 3th was with I believe 4 defensive starters out because of cramping, and the late TD in the 4th was borderline running it up on 4th down on the 2 yard line running a play action pass. Alcoa is a very, very talented team, but so is Bell Co. There are a lot of kids playing new positions this year and nearly all running both ways, just give it time to start clicking. The Bell offensive line dominated Alcoa’s d-line for the most part; I don’t see why Davenport wasn’t given more carries after ripping of the 70 yard TD. I’m impressed with Alcoa fans, very down to earth and humble people. I talked to a few after the game and they had nothing but compliments on how hard Bell County played and how much of a hard fought game it was, especially in the first half when bell was giving them all they wanted and more. Also, did anyone else see the freshman, Polly, just fly across the field and nearly chase down #15 on the big gain from the screen pass late in the game? That kid has some wheels.
-
Boyle County/Johnson Central Predictions
I'm pulling for Boyle in this one. Classy team, some of the classiest fans in the state. If this Boyle County team is anything like the team from last year it will be a dog fight until the very end.
-
Bell County/Alcoa Predictions
Point? Alcoa is 3A, but will be bringing roughly 85-90 players where as Bell County is 4A and will have around 42 players dressed. 10 or so wouldn’t even be dressing out if it wasn’t a big game. Also, anyone watch Coach Hiltons show last night? Can’t wait to see the run thru, heck 6:30 can’t get here soon enough right now. He (Hilton) is giving Alcoa all the respect in the world by the way. Looking out my window right now I’m seeing some thick clouds as well.
-
Bell County/Alcoa Predictions
Scores don’t always tell the story my friend. If I'm not mistaken, I could be but don’t think I am, Boyd didn’t even have a reception against Bell on Log Mountain. Minnifield was basically a non factor until he was moved to QB in the third and I'm not sure Winston Guy ever even scored on Bell, he had a few plays here and there, the kickoff return being the biggest. More recently, against Boyle County last year, no disrespect intended, but Rees Macshara, a very good football player, was held in check, as was now UK player Jordan Aumiller. In my original post the point I was trying to get across to Mr. Switzer was that if he expects for Alcoa to come up and blow Bell County out of the water on Log Mountain just because they have a history of D-1 players, or have a few on their roster this year and some exceptional athletes, he's sadly mistaken. I promise you, this team knows what players have the potential of hurting them on the scoreboard and are most definitely going to bring their best game to those players. It should be a good one, just two days away!!!