Boys Sweet Sixteen Teams Tracker

Four of the six (Apollo, Boone Co., North Laurel, and Johnson Central) to qualify for the Sweet 16 lost the finals of their district. Wonder if that is the most for one state tournament field?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Rowan County now in, anyone who was in attendance last year should be aware of their tandem. Adam Wing (Evansville signee) is a forward who caught fire from 3 on Saturday morning. His teammate D.J. Townsend is a quick guard who can score and distribute.

Haven't gotten to see Rowan County this year, but from watching them last year, I would think that they are going to miss their other guard from last year more than people may realize. He was the Senior starter in 2011 whose name is escaping me at the moment; I'm thinking he wore #32 or #11.

Darrell Cross

Heading into Tuesday night, it looks like this is where we stand:

Rowan County R16 ........ Mar 14 12:00 PM

North Laurel R13

Region 12 ......................Mar 14 1:30 PM

Region 2

Region 6 ....................... Mar 14 6:30 PM

Trinity (Louisville) R7

Apollo R3 ...................... Mar 14 8:00 PM

Region 10

Region 4 ...................... Mar 15 12:00 PM

Region 8

Boone County R9.............Mar 15 1:30 PM

Region 14

Region 1 ...................... Mar 15 6:30 PM

Region 11

Region 5 ...................... Mar 15 8:00 PM

Johnson Central R15

I was looking at the Sweet 16 contest for this year. With 6 regions determined, it looks like the best score thus far is 3 out of 6 (33 participants total). Those five are:

PurplePride92 (of all the people...:lol:)

jahearme

OldRef

SealTeam2

cityboy

Several of us have 2 out of 6. A smattering of others have 1. And I saw one or two that had 0. I didn't see anyone who had picked Apollo, Boone County or North Laurel to win their regional. I was wondering how I was doing in the contest & thought I'd check on everyone else too. These are by no means official & are subject to error. I just wanted to give a little update. I couldn't bring it to the top, so here's a link to the picks:

http://bluegrasspreps.com/boys-basketball/2012-sweet-16-a-231222.html

Edited by Randy Parker
Incorrect # of regions already determined...h/t to statman

I was looking at the Sweet 16 contest for this year. With 7 regions determined, it looks like the best score thus far is 3 out of 7 (33 participants total). Those five are:

PurplePride92 (of all the people...:lol:)

jahearme

OldRef

SealTeam2

cityboy

Several of us have 2 out of 7. A smattering of others have 1. And I saw one or two that had 0. I didn't see anyone who had picked Apollo, Boone County or North Laurel to win their regional. I was wondering how I was doing in the contest & thought I'd check on everyone else too. These are by no means official & are subject to error. I just wanted to give a little update.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/boys-basketball/2012-sweet-16-a-231222-page2.html

Only 6 have been decided thus far. I have 2 out of 6 and of the 10 championships tonight, I have a chance to hit 7 more, but I'm betting against hitting all 7. :rolleyes:

^ There was also a "pick the sweet 16 in Novermber " contest....did you check it too?

I didn't. Because I'm lazy.

:lol: Me too. I have mine written down somewhere but don't want to look for it.

I was actually hoping you would do it. :lol:

I took a very quick and very unofficial look at it and it looks like TRUEXFAN211 is leading the way with 3 so far.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/boys-basketball/2011-sweet-16-a-227289.html

^ There was also a "pick the sweet 16 in Novermber " contest....did you check it too?

Didn't enter, basically because I didn't know much about my own team at the time and probably didn't want to give away my hand...:lol: