Cincinnati 72 Villanova 68

gametime

I hate to play the what if game but this team is an ot loss to Marshall, last second shot to Presbyterian, (both without Parker or Mbodj being healthy) last second tip in by St Johns, horrible no call tech ot loss to west va, and last second fts away from sitting at 27-4 right now instead of 22-9.

Yancy and Dion really stepped up today but it was Cash filling the stat sheet in every category and late big shots by SK and Parker that hwlped lead this team to the W.

UC is currently in the 8/9 game. Will be interesting to see what a few wins at MSG could propel them to.

I hate to play the what if game but this team is an ot loss to Marshall, last second shot to Presbyterian, (both without Parker or Mbodj being healthy) last second tip in by St Johns, horrible no call tech ot loss to west va, and last second fts away from sitting at 27-4 right now instead of 22-9.

Yancy and Dion really stepped up today but it was Cash filling the stat sheet in every category and late big shots by SK and Parker that hwlped lead this team to the W.

UC is currently in the 8/9 game. Will be interesting to see what a few wins at MSG could propel them to.

I agree.

Ultimately I have to believe they would have been much better served to not schedule some of those sub-300 RPI teams for their non-conference games early on and instead have scheduled some respectable 100-150 range RPI teams. Of course, you need to win those games, but a loss in those games probably wouldn't have hurt any more so than beating a 300 RPI team (or losing to one). UC dumps a couple of those opponents, replaces them with and beats a couple of decent teams, and they could be looking at a 5 seed or so, maybe better. Great finish to the regular season by Cronin and his team.

Ultimately I have to believe they would have been much better served to not schedule some of those sub-300 RPI teams for their non-conference games early on and instead have scheduled some respectable 100-150 range RPI teams. Of course, you need to win those games, but a loss in those games probably wouldn't have hurt any more so than beating a 300 RPI team (or losing to one). UC dumps a couple of those opponents, replaces them with and beats a couple of decent teams, and they could be looking at a 5 seed or so, maybe better. Great finish to the regular season by Cronin and his team.

Easier said than done with the shoestring budget Mike Thomas forced them to operate under for buy games. Hopefully Whit and company make much needed improvements in that area going forward. I am hearing a big name regional home and home is in the works with the first game at 5/3 next season so that's a start...

Easier said than done with the shoestring budget Mike Thomas forced them to operate under for buy games. Hopefully Whit and company make much needed improvements in that area going forward. I am hearing a big name regional home and home is in the works with the first game at 5/3 next season so that's a start...

Don't they open the season in Vegas with Iowa ST?

Or are you talking about first home game of the season? Any hints???? I'm assuming Indiana since Mick has said in the past that he and Crean are good friends and have been in talks for a while about scheduling eachother.

Don't they open the season in Vegas with Iowa ST?

Or are you talking about first home game of the season? Any hints???? I'm assuming Indiana since Mick has said in the past that he and Crean are good friends and have been in talks for a while about scheduling eachother.

They are playing a holiday tournament in Vegas over Thanksgiving. Iowa State to open and then either UNLV or Oregon.

No hints yet. I'm guessing it would be a December game on ESPN...

They are playing a holiday tournament in Vegas over Thanksgiving. Iowa State to open and then either UNLV or Oregon.

No hints yet. I'm guessing it would be a December game on ESPN...

Is this same tourney they played in maybe last year or two years ago?

For any UC fans in the area I will be on Sports Rock tomorrow night on Ch 5 talking some Bearcat hoops...

By the way, as President of the Big Gord Club I must say I hope they used the wide angle lens to get you AND Broering into the picture.