Should there be an age limit on the death penalty?

Should there be an age limit on the death penalty?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an age limit on the death penalty?

• Yes, and it is...
    • Nope.
    • Against the Death Penalty

This is probably best for this forum.

Simple question. If yes, please provide what you think that limit should be.

If you don't believe in capital punishment under any circumstances please don't vote. But even if you are like me and believe in theory but not necessarily in practice then go ahead and vote. Thanks.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I say at least 25. If they have killed at age 17, 18, etc. Leave them in jail until that time so they can dwell on what they did and dread the day they turn 25. They should be old enough by then to regret what they did and wish they hadnt done it.

Yes, I say at least 25. If they have killed at age 17, 18, etc. Leave them in jail until that time so they can dwell on what they did and dread the day they turn 25. They should be old enough by then to regret what they did and wish they hadnt done it.

I think the debate centers around the age at the time the crime was committed vs when they should actually be put to death.

Fine. Forget you, too.

What Getslow said. :p

For the record, I'm anti-death penalty at all ages. However, seeing as it's legal, I'd vote 18+.

(Oops, I think I missed your "If you don't believe in capital punishment under any circumstances..." note.)

I amend the comment. Go ahead and vote, but please note that your vote is from someone who is absolutely against the death penalty under any circumstance. I definitely don't want to miss out on some meanigful opinions on the subject. Sorry.