Conner Lady Cougars

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can agree that it doesn't translate to guaranteed success, however, do you think it means anything at all? Is the quality and accomplishment of a freshmen and /or JV team totally and completely useless to the future and what the varsity can become?

No.

For clarity...is no the answer to the first question or the second?

Sorry. No, winning jv championships is not useless.

Thanks. I just wasnt sure which question you were answering and I didnt want to assume.

Now that I know that, I can say that I agree. Success and championships at the Freshmen and JV level is not useless and meaningless. I do not think that freshmen and JV success/championships guarantees varsity success, however, I would never go as far as saying it doesnt mean anything at all. Success for those players at the JV and freshmen level has to mean something toward future varsity potential.

In the discussion about Conner, it means this at a minimum - they have an 8th grade, freshmen to be, class that has lots of talent - perhaps twice as much as the average class. Where they end up, what they accomplish, and what they become as a complete varsity team in 2-4 years is far from being determined.

Thanks. I just wasnt sure which question you were answering and I didnt want to assume.

Now that I know that, I can say that I agree. Success and championships at the Freshmen and JV level is not useless and meaningless. I do not think that freshmen and JV success/championships guarantees varsity success, however, I would never go as far as saying it doesnt mean anything at all. Success for those players at the JV and freshmen level has to mean something toward future varsity potential.

In the discussion about Conner, it means this at a minimum - they have an 8th grade, freshmen to be, class that has lots of talent - perhaps twice as much as the average class. Where they end up, what they accomplish, and what they become as a complete varsity team in 2-4 years is far from being determined.

I've heard the pipeline is strong all the way down to next year's 6th grade girls.

I agree with that, and it is funny that is the district where Stamm came from.....the district he is in now is stronger and he hasn't taken the Lady Cougars to the region despite the JV team making the region finals two years in a row according to reports on BGP.

When do they make it this year? If they continue to not make it, when does it go from doing a great job to a marage?

Are you really making this statement after only his second year where two teams in the district were top 10 teams in the state?

It is far from being determined what this 8th grade class will do at varsity. I am also sure that most people thought the same way every year for the last 3 years that Conner wouldnt be able to continue winning out. 67 and 4 and taking every teams best shot. Its pretty impressive.

Are you really making this statement after only his second year where two teams in the district were top 10 teams in the state?

Yep...I made the statement, and if you think Boone or Ryle were top 10 teams in the state, then you need to see more girls hoops. Ryle couldn't even make it to the region final, and Boone won the region in a close finals game and then lost in round one down state with Miss Kentucky basketball.

Yep...I made the statement, and if you think Boone or Ryle were top 10 teams in the state, then you need to see more girls hoops. Ryle couldn't even make it to the region final, and Boone won the region in a close finals game and then lost in round one down state with Miss Kentucky basketball.

I don't have a dog in this thread's particular fight but I did see a ton of girls hoops and I am firmly convinced Boone and Ryle were top 10 teams in Kentucky this season. Obviously not at the level of Manual and Marion County but who was. But definitely among the next best eight teams in the state IMO.

I don't have a dog in this thread's particular fight but I did see a ton of girls hoops and I am firmly convinced Boone and Ryle were top 10 teams in Kentucky this season. Obviously not at the level of Manual and Marion County but who was. But definitely among the next best eight teams in the state IMO.

Then was Notre Dame too??

Then was Notre Dame too??

In most polls, yes, ND was a Top 10 team and I'd agree with that, based on all the other ranked teams I saw play. The ninth region was pretty solid with three Top 10 teams and two 1st team All-State selections.

In most polls, yes, ND was a Top 10 team and I'd agree with that, based on all the other ranked teams I saw play. The ninth region was pretty solid with three Top 10 teams and two 1st team All-State selections.

I would agree with top notch players on different teams. But I don't believe any of the 9th region teams were really worthy of top 10 status.

I would agree with top notch players on different teams. But I don't believe any of the 9th region teams were really worthy of top 10 status.

Sure they were! Not sure who you saw that could/would/should bump them out of that status. I'd be interested in hearing who you think those teams are.

I'll be happy to discuss/debate this one, particularly with the data out there! Every poll one can find, Litkenhous, Cantrall, Massey, AP, whether opinion polls or computer polls, have those three teams in their final Top 10.

I have seen plenty of girls hoops this year including all but one state game and I still believe these 2 teams are top ten teams in the state. You can't judge the whole season on one loss just like you can't judge the whole season on a single win. Let's judge the whole body of work. The Top 2 teams duked it out for the state championship without a doubt but I don't see many other teams even some in the State Tourney that were deserve to be in the top ten before Ryle and Boone. You stick Ryle, Boone and even ND in the bottom bracket with Marion County and its Marion Vs. any of those 3 in the Semi's. Walton gave Marion a scare in the first Round and honestly should have beat them. Would you then say that Marion is not a top ten team? Furthermore, Walton is a team that won the all "A" but lost twice to Boone in the regular season and once to ND and still gave Marion a run for their money. I am not sure what you are basing your opinion on as I am certain that I am not the one that needs to see more girls hoops.