Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Volleyball Three Out Of Five

Featured Replies

Going to 3/5 is best for the sport of volleyball. It has worked well in Ohio and many other states.

 

Maria Froendhoff from NCC is a standout. She will be one of the best defenders in NKY and the state next year. Her ball control is amazing. I am not saying she has much to help her out, but she is a very strong player.

  • Author

Good Luck to NCC and Highlands as they get to deal with St. Henry, Notre Dame and etc this year while Bishop Brossart will take their chances in the 10th. The 37th District voted to seed their District as the state should require anyway. They also voted to make all District Seed games 3 out of 5.

Bishop Brossart will take their chances in the 10th.

 

And their chances are excellent. Returning a really strong team by all accounts.

Can someone clue me in as to who some of the strong club teams are and who plays for whom? I did find VBall interesting last year and will more than likely follow it again this year. Are there major club events nearby this spring?

Can someone clue me in as to who some of the strong club teams are and who plays for whom? I did find VBall interesting last year and will more than likely follow it again this year. Are there major club events nearby this spring?

 

Wow - where to start? Club VB, like select soccer, has many levels. Just playing club VB doesn't mean you are the best. In 14's-18's "Open" is the highest level you can play. Some local clubs playing at that level are Elevation, Cincy Classics, Team Z, NKYVC. All of those clubs may also have additional teams in the same age group competing at lower levels, and there are several other local clubs that compete at lower levels. So you need to find the level of team you want to watch, and then find the age group - 14's are 8th graders, 18's are Seniors. All of the clubs have web sites with rosters so it's easy to find a player.

 

There's no local tourney where everyone plays under one roof. Those are in Louisville, Columbus, St. Louis, Baltimore, Atlanta. There's a big one at Freedom Hall in Louisville this weekend. You just missed the Dayton tourney a couple weeks ago. NKJV has their Aces Challenge coming up in April - but the different age groups will be spread out across different NKY venues, so you have to pick an age group to watch.

 

I'm going to assume you are looking for NDA players to watch? There's 5 outgoing Seniors on NKYVC's 18-1's team + Jayden Julian from Holy Cross. That's a lot of talent.

Wow - where to start? Club VB, like select soccer, has many levels. Just playing club VB doesn't mean you are the best. In 14's-18's "Open" is the highest level you can play. Some local clubs playing at that level are Elevation, Cincy Classics, Team Z, NKYVC. All of those clubs may also have additional teams in the same age group competing at lower levels, and there are several other local clubs that compete at lower levels. So you need to find the level of team you want to watch, and then find the age group - 14's are 8th graders, 18's are Seniors. All of the clubs have web sites with rosters so it's easy to find a player.

 

There's no local tourney where everyone plays under one roof. Those are in Louisville, Columbus, St. Louis, Baltimore, Atlanta. There's a big one at Freedom Hall in Louisville this weekend. You just missed the Dayton tourney a couple weeks ago. NKJV has their Aces Challenge coming up in April - but the different age groups will be spread out across different NKY venues, so you have to pick an age group to watch.

 

I'm going to assume you are looking for NDA players to watch? There's 5 outgoing Seniors on NKYVC's 18-1's team + Jayden Julian from Holy Cross. That's a lot of talent.

 

Good info, sounds like I have some research to do. I am not strictly an NDA guy but I do like kids who are from NKY. And for the record, sorry to thread jack for just a moment! I do like the best of 5 for what it is worth.

Going to 3/5 is best for the sport of volleyball. It has worked well in Ohio and many other states.

 

Maria Froendhoff from NCC is a standout. She will be one of the best defenders in NKY and the state next year. Her ball control is amazing. I am not saying she has much to help her out, but she is a very strong player.

 

Defenitely agree. :thumb:

Going to 3/5 is best for the sport of volleyball. It has worked well in Ohio and many other states.

 

Maria Froendhoff from NCC is a standout. She will be one of the best defenders in NKY and the state next year. Her ball control is amazing. I am not saying she has much to help her out, but she is a very strong player.

I'm sure that Vicki and her assistants will get the utmost effort from her NCC team this upcoming season .
I'm sure that Vicki and her assistants will get the utmost effort from her NCC team this upcoming season .

 

She always does, but there's not enough effort in the world to overcome their graduation losses and moving to Region 9. NCC will make it out of District 36 for sure, but that's as far as they will go - and I don't see that changing for many years. Lopsided amount of good players feeding into NDA/St. Henry/Ryle vs what NCC will get out of the talent pool. I agree with the theory of you can't hide volleyball players on the floor. In soccer, basketball, you can win with a few good players and hide the rest. You can't do that in Volleyball. All 6 have to be solid from top to bottom - like NCC was last year. I don't see that happening at NCC anymore. I do see it at NDA/St. Henry/Ryle.

How does everybody like the switch so far in the season? What are the major differences noticed?

Ha - rest assured I'm loved by no one, since I have no connection to any program - I just call it as I see it. You want Volleyball predictions? That's easy . . KY volleyball is very predictable:

 

Region 10 - Bishop Brossart will win Region 10 in 2012. They have good talent in the pipeline and many returning starters. Camp Co. losing too much to graduation. No one from Dist 38, 39 or 40 has the talent to compete with BBHS.

 

Region 9 - Forget about NCC - they are done for years. Graduated everyone. 3 way race between NDA, St. Henry, and Ryle. 3 talented teams in the same region, doesn't seem right only 1 will go to state. St. Henry will have to win now with 2 best players as Seniors. Ryle is the only public school in state with a legit shot at becoming state champ in the next 2 years. But in the end, I think NDA will win Region 9 in 2012.

 

Regions 1-5, 8, and 11-16 - history has proven that for 32 years and counting, it doesn't matter who wins those Regions, they will not win State.

 

The stupid blind draw state brackets will randomly fix themselves this year after last year's debacle so we actually get decent late round match-ups at State. Assumption will win state again in 2012, with NDA as runner-up. But NDA will win state in 2013. You heard it here first.

 

I hate to burst your bubble but CCHS just killed BBHS the other night in 4 games. The 3 they won were all blowouts. Talent level did not seem that bad for CCHS even though I think BBHS has good talent but played poorly.

I hate to burst your bubble but CCHS just killed BBHS the other night in 4 games. The 3 they won were all blowouts. Talent level did not seem that bad for CCHS even though I think BBHS has good talent but played poorly.

 

Bubble not burst yet. Regionals don't start until October. BBHS took a set and I agree played poorly. The past has taught us that the regular season matchup is often different from the Regional matchup.

The NCC volleyball team which is having a learning year , defeated the 10th region powerhouse Mustangs and the preseason favorite to win the region according to some , 3-1 in the Hits for Chicks game last night 25-14 , 25-16 , 20-25 , 25-12 . Way to go Breds !!!!

Has it been confirmed that the State Tournament is going to be 3 out of 5?

 

I am hearing because of time constraints that only the finals will be 3 out of 5. I'm hoping that is incorrect. Does anyone know for sure how the State Tournament is going to be run?

That would be crazy if all are not 3 out of 5!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.