Harrison County 53 Mason County 51 2OT

CYNTHIANA | Both Mason County and Harrison County struggled to execute offensively during most of the second half and both overtime periods of their game on Friday night.

The Thorobreds got it done at just the right time -- a 3-pointer to tie the game at the regulation buzzer, then a backdoor layup with less than two seconds remaining in the second overtime of a deadlocked game -- to extend the Royals' region road woes.

Harrison senior Caleb Ford hit a game-tying trey at the end of regulation, and sophomore Dillon Pulliam got free for a layup in the final seconds to hand the host Breds a 53-51 victory on the Hilltop.

Ford scored 21 points and Pulliam added 17 for Harrison (14-11), which was celebrating its senior night.

Tyler Black led Mason with 18 points. Zaire Henry added 10 for the visitors.

Mason shot 22.6 percent from the field in the second half and overtimes, while Harrison drained 32.3 percent of its tries after halftime. The Royals shot 31.4 percent from the game against the hosts' 38.9-percent effort.

The Royals (12-13) dipped back below .500 with their third straight loss -- all on the road, and all to 10th Region opponents in Montgomery County, George Rogers Clark and now Harrison.

Mason County 18 10 8 14 1 0 --51

Harrison County 9 17 12 12 1 2 --53

MC: Black 18, Henry 10, Johnson 7, Hamm 3, Chambers 2, Walton 6, Osborne 3, Gibbs 2, Greenhill 0. Total 51.

HC: Ford 21, Pulliam 17, Kendall 7, Slucher 5, Hill 0, Stubbs 3, Ritchie 0, Martin 0. Total 53.

3-pointers: Mason County 4 (Hamm, Henry, Walton, Osborne), Harrison County 7 (Ford 3, Pulliam 2, Stubbs, Kendall).

Records: Mason County 12-13, Harrison County 14-11.

Read more: http://www.maysville-online.com/sports/breds-bucket-in-last-seconds-of-ot-beats-royals/article_1d8b5346-946c-543d-8508-6d50807ffbae.html#ixzz1m4WzkcJ3

10th is wide open. Will be exciting seeing who steps up at tourney time. My top teams right now are: Clark, brossart,

Pendleton, Montgomery, Scott, Harrison, Mason.

I agree you can toss em in a hat and pull them out. I would rank em: Clark, Mont Co, Mason Co, Brossart, Campbell Co, Harrison Co, Pend Co, Scott. I know some of these teams have beat each other but thats the way I see them. Too bad all of these teams can't make it to the region.