Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do Coach Cal Players Get the "Benefit of the Doubt"?

Featured Replies

IMO scouts go off of what they see. I don't see any scout giving extra points for playing for Cal.

He's one of the best at developing players to another level. And he is a psychologist when it comes to handling superstar egos and making them buy into his system.

 

This... 100 times over.

PLAY LIKE THE TIDE, PLAY LIKE YOU GONNA BE CHAMPIONS, PLAY DEFENSE LIKE BAMA.YOU DIDN'T SEE BAMA QUIT! I'm liking some of this Coach Cal.

 

C'mon BGP writers write like you are writing for a award, don't give up when you are debated down like Bama in their loss, research your facts like Bama is stopping LSU. You will make great opinions like Coach Saban at a news Conference. Hey, I really like this. I might start doing this in all my posts like Coach Cal. :banana:

The thing is that neither of those guys would have had seasons anywhere near what they did under Cal. His players get drafted because he's AMAZING at player development. No chance Jorts develops into his current self playing under 99% of college coaches.

 

That's what is great about Cal, he recruits top 10 talent, and then proceeds to make them even better.

 

I agree that Cal does a great job of developing players. I think the two work in unison. He does develop his players, but I also think they get a little boost just from playing for him at Kentucky.

I agree that Cal does a great job of developing players. I think the two work in unison. He does develop his players, but I also think they get a little boost just from playing for him at Kentucky.

 

I think the NBA relies heavily on its scouts. I think Cal does a great job though convincing NBA prospects to play for him and as a team. He did this at UMass and Memphis and now at Kentucky.

^I'm sure they do.

 

Another point related to scouts is that playing for UK gets guys like Liggins more looks than they would get otherwise, IMO. Since Cal is always stocked with lottery picks it seems, scouts are going to be watching his teams more, so a guy like Liggins (for example) is getting watched more than he would be in a different situation. Even if the scouts primary focus is Brandon Knight, they'll be checking the other guys out as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.