Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 63 Conner 42

Featured Replies

Really surprised there was not a thread started last night about this game. Looks like Boone was up 20 at the half and coasted the rest of the way. Any details from attendees? Can Conner get out of the 33rd? Looking like a challenge at this point.

Really surprised there was not a thread started last night about this game. Looks like Boone was up 20 at the half and coasted the rest of the way. Any details from attendees? Can Conner get out of the 33rd? Looking like a challenge at this point.

 

Boone led 16-7 at the quarter and 41-21 at half. Conner cut the lead to 11 on several occasions during the third period as Boone sorta fell asleep at the wheel. The Lady Rebels scored only 6 points in the period, all by Sydney Moss, and led by 13 entering the fourth on a late goal by Moss. The lead was just 10 at the 4:16 mark but Boone went on a quick 8-0 run to stretch the lead back out and remove any serious thoughts of a Conner comeback.

 

Both teams shot the ball poorly with Boone being a bit better at about just 34%. Boone defended the three point line well against the Lady Cougars and Conner hit only 5 of 16 with most contested. The Lady Rebels dominated the boards with Moss grabbing 16 and inside players Lydia Nash, Zuri Hill, and Elizabeth Switzer combining for 18 more. Boone actually had nearly as many offensive boards as Conner had total rebounds.

 

Moss led the Lady Rebels with 24 points in addition to her 16 boards, followed by senior center Nash with 14 points and freshman guard Alexis Switzer with 12. Switzer has really come on of late with her three-point shooting which is a welcomed additional scoring threat for Boone. Conner was led by Dawn Peacock who had 14. Peacock, who guarded Moss much of the game, had a tough night as she went down a couple of times after getting banged up. When I spoke to her after the game I noticed she had a slight cut under an eyebrow. But she kept coming back, battling hard to the very end. Nice player.....good player.....and tough as nails.

 

I honestly expected a tougher game with Conner on their home floor, but the game was really never in doubt on this particular night.

  • Author

Nice recap Frank. Sounds like the Conner practice today might have an emphasis on blocking out.

Dawn Peacock is a top 5 player in region 9!

Just curious who is your top 5 players in the 9th Region then?

Totally agree with Dawn being a top 5 player in the 9th region she is an outstanding player and person.

Just curious who is your top 5 players in the 9th Region then?

 

Moss, Crittendon, Schafer, Kiernan, Peacock,

 

Could argue Nash and Voskuhl as well.

I have not seen Peacock play but a few games one in which was vs Boone Co. and I will give credit where its due in saying I dont think there is anyone in the 9th that can guard Moss, BUT I will also say she never gave up on it! I would say looking at the numbers she is a top 10 player in the region. Close but I cant quite give her that top 5 spot.

 

In my order

 

Moss 24.6 PPG, 10.9 RPG

Crittenden 17.3 PPG, 5 RPG

Schafer 15.8 PPG, 7.8 RPG

Kierman 16.4 PPG, 10 RPG

Voskuhl 17.2 PPG, 5 RPG

Nash 12.8 PPG, 6.4 RPG

Peacock 12 PPG

Daley 10.5 PPG, 5.5 RPG

 

I'm not taking anything away from her. I do feel like she is one of the better 2 guards in the 9th but with what I have seen and the numbers the other girls put up I can only say shes a top 10 player not a top 5. BUT this is just one persons opinion.

I agree Voskuhl is debatable but she lacks Peacocks athleticism, Peacock is averaging 15.6 and 6.7 rebounds. I think you have the top players correct! Daley plays well but I would like to see her play without Schafer. Over the course of this season Peacock has been Conner's primary player.

Where do you find these stats?

I do not think she is the best player on Conners team.

If Dawn isn't the best player who is?

  • Author
I agree Voskuhl is debatable but she lacks Peacocks athleticism, Peacock is averaging 15.6 and 6.7 rebounds. I think you have the top players correct! Daley plays well but I would like to see her play without Schafer. Over the course of this season Peacock has been Conner's primary player.

 

Perhaps she does, but I really like her game. She reminds me of a young female version of the "Goose". Very smooth pull up mid range jumper. Usually money.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.