January 17, 201214 yr Why would he lose a year of eligibility? Well typically transfers from other schools (like in Harrow's case) lose a year of eligibility but many times the schools just use a redshirt for that year to cancel it out so its like nothing happened. However, I knew Stacey hadn't played any games this year and because of that I wasn't sure if he would lose a year of eligibility or not because typically transfers have played games and they often lose a year of eligibility unless they transfer down from like Division 1 to Division 2. That was really my question as I wasn't sure if he would lose a year of eligiblity. I'm just not clear on those rules/protocols.
January 17, 201214 yr Author Well typically transfers from other schools (like in Harrow's case) lose a year of eligibility I've never heard of a kid losing a year of eligibility. They still get four years of playing time. They just have to sit out one year before they resume. Mid-season transfers still get four seasons as well but they are ineligible for half of the first year at the new school.
January 25, 201214 yr Author Sounds like Poole's brother has some issues. http://jacksonville.com/sports/high-schools/2012-01-23/story/parker-basketball-standout-solomon-poole-suspended-fhsaa-rest
June 16, 201214 yr I've never heard of a kid losing a year of eligibility. They still get four years of playing time. They just have to sit out one year before they resume. Mid-season transfers still get four seasons as well but they are ineligible for half of the first year at the new school. They get 5 academic years to play 4. In certain sports, like you said they have to sit out one year before they resume playing. Other sports they can play right away most of the time. If they already used a redshirt year at the previous school then yes they lose a year of eligibility during that year. If they haven't used a redshirt year, that year will just turn into the redshirt year.
June 17, 201214 yr Good get for GT in Solomon. Now I'd like to see him and Stacey both have a lot of success together.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.