Moss Sets New Boone County Career Scoring Mark

With her fourth early field goal in last night's contest at Scott High School, Sydney Moss broke the career scoring mark at Boone County High School, topping the 1800 point total set by BC and NKU legend Michelle Cottrell. Cottrell moved on from Boone County to be a three time DII All American and a two time National Player of the Year at Northern Kentucky University.

Moss finished the night with 26 points, 11 boards, 7 assists, and 4 steals while sitting out the entire fourth quarter. She had a remarkable string in the second quarter with six assists in seven BC trips down the floor, several with pin point passes from beyond mid-court.

Scott was very gracious in stopping the game at the first whistle after Moss' record setting field goal and announcing the accomplishment, which drew a warm reception from a fairly large, mostly Scott fans crowd.

Michelle Cottrell was one heck of a basketball player. To even be mentioned on the level of her and now Sydney Moss is quite an honor. Congrats to Moss, she seems like a pretty humble person from everything I understand too. I don't watch her often but when I do, I am definitely impressed with her skill set.

Just to give Ms. Cottrell a little more love. She also helped lead NKU's Women's Basketball team to the school's first ever National Championship in any sport (they now have three) and has her jersey retired there I believe.