Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Warren Central 67 Ashland 64

Featured Replies

Final from the third place game in the AIT. Ashland with a chance to tie it at the buzzer, and gets fouled on a three-point attempt, but no call.

 

Corey Gregg was very quiet tonight. He was held to 11 points and 5 rebounds. Wetzel (?) and Withrow both had to have close to 25 for Ashland though. They are very nice players.

Kinda funny that Central has placed 3rd in both Ashland Invitationals they've been to, and beat Ashland both times in the third place game.

According to Dickey Martin on the radio, the technical foul on Biggs caused the loss, but it was due to Warren Central having 6 players on the court. He really gets down on the strips and the kids when they are losing.

I came in right after the incident. A reliable eye told me it was the most obvious call in the world. WC was pressing with 6 players on the floor. Not one official made a call. Biggs grabbed Chris Allen on the way down the floor and he T'd him up. Dickie lambasted Allen on the radio. Worst official he ever saw he said, and said we could quote that. I was told the WC player actually ran off the floor on the opposite side of the court and ran all the way around the baseline to his bench. What I don't understand is that is an automatic technical foul on the team with 6. Could a consensus of the officials not made things right? Seemed kinda silly to me.

 

Congratulations to WC though, great finish.

The kid from Ashland who took the last 3 point shot was fouled. That was very easy to see. I'm sure all three officials saw the foul and none would make the call.

The kid from Ashland who took the last 3 point shot was fouled. That was very easy to see. I'm sure all three officials saw the foul and none would make the call.

 

Agree, That what I saw from where I was sitting.

Refs are always hesitant to call fouls in that situation of the game. I can't imagine you guys are wrong that it was a foul, but that's my only guess sitting in a house hundreds of miles away from where it all happened.

 

Same thing for the technical. Only thing is as a coach you have got to maintain your composure. Can't grab an official no matter how wrong he and the crew was.

It was amazing that three officals didn't notice the 6th man. Everyone there did but them.

  • Author

Coach Biggs sure was fired up when the refs didn't assess a technical to Warren Central. He was very lucky he didn't get tossed. He was headed directly into the lobby after the no-call at the end of the game as well. He was not a happy guy tonight.

Coach Biggs sure was fired up when the refs didn't assess a technical to Warren Central. He was very lucky he didn't get tossed. He was headed directly into the lobby after the no-call at the end of the game as well. He was not a happy guy tonight.

 

I see you were at the game, sorry I didn't get to meet you.

  • Author
I see you were at the game, sorry I didn't get to meet you.

 

Yes, I was. I'm sure I'll meet you at some point before the year is over.

Ashland falls to Warren Central, gets fourth place

 

 

ASHLAND — The Ashland basketball team is beginning to make fourth quarter comebacks somewhat of a habit, but for the second night in a row the Tomcats’ late-game rally was not enough.

 

Late in the third quarter following an Ashland timeout, Warren Central began play with six players, but before the mistake was noticed by the referees the sixth player ran off the court.

 

Outraged by the missed call, Biggs berated and made contact with one official and was immediately hit with a technical.

 

“Obviously there was an error made tonight that had at least the potential to be a four-point swing,” Biggs said. “Nonetheless, we had to move on. We did that and made a great comeback.”

 

Overall the Dragon’s bench contributed 22 points, while the Tomcats substitutes failed to tally a point.

 

“That is a great thing about my group. One through eleven there is not a big gap,” Unseld said. “Any of those guys can start and I tell them that. They have really bought in. They don’t care about who starts and who doesn’t, because everybody plays about the same minutes.”

 

Aside from the lack of production off the bench, the Tomcats’ most glaring statistic was their free throw shooting. Ashland finished just 8-of-18 from the charity stripe.

Refs are always hesitant to call fouls in that situation of the game. I can't imagine you guys are wrong that it was a foul, but that's my only guess sitting in a house hundreds of miles away from where it all happened.

 

Same thing for the technical. Only thing is as a coach you have got to maintain your composure. Can't grab an official no matter how wrong he and the crew was.

There's a difference in wrong and unable to count.
There's a difference in wrong and unable to count.

 

OK, exceptionally wrong and/or unable to count. Still can't grab an official.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.