Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walton Verona 60 Grant County 59

Featured Replies

:thumb:

 

Walton with the experience back from last year knows how to win games. Grant does not.

 

That might be the most idiotic comment I've ever seen on here.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my post I clearly stated that Kinmon made the free throws but if you know basketball one play does not win or lose a game. When you say a team like Grant should not stay within double digits of Walton are you suggesting that Hicks is a much better coach than Trame. I don't understand because in past post you are always critical of Hicks.

 

One play can win or lose a game, that's why you always give 110% every possession. I figured someone who is basketball savy would understand the concept that every play matters. Just like Kinmon's two free throws that gave Walton the victory. I'm not suggesting Hicks is a better coach, Walton has better matchups at every position, experience, and more talent. If both teams play their best ball, Grant loses by double digits every time. I wasn't at the game, but from what I heard Grant out-played Walton in every phase of the game and still lost. Congratulations to Walton for winning the tournament, even though the competition was weak.

Anyone who knows basketball knows that these two teams are evenly matched and the outcome could go either way any time they play this year. Good win for wv and lets give gc a little credit, we thought that this would be a 10 plus victory for us and it wasn't. I look for the next matchups this year to be close just the same. Great game both teams!

 

I'll be disappointed if you're right.

I'll be disappointed if you're right.

 

Tell your dad I said hi. lol

It is obvious that you are not a Grant supporter and that you are always trying to stir the pot. Kinmon's free throws was not what beat Grant. I was there and you were obviously not because you posted the wrong halftime score. Grant was up 4 at the half. Grant missed several free throws and that played a huge part in them winning. To post that Kinmon won the game is a joke because he only scored 1 field goal and only played about 5 to 7 minutes the whole game. I give both teams credit because it was a hard fought game.
Sounds like there is a little resentment towards Kinmon. HE only did what a player is supposed to do and you know he did it under a ton of pressure. I hate to think how a few GC fans would have reacted if he had missed all the free throws. From what has been said a lot of players from both teams played their hearts out.

Very good game. Very clean game. Not a whole lot of controversy as far as player behavior. I think all who were there are glad we don't have tennessee officials in this state.

Sounds like there is a little resentment towards Kinmon. HE only did what a player is supposed to do and you know he did it under a ton of pressure. I hate to think how a few GC fans would have reacted if he had missed all the free throws. From what has been said a lot of players from both teams played their hearts out.
I have been a Grant County fan for a long time. There is no resentment towards Kinmon. He and his family are the ones that have to live with their decision to transfer to Walton. It is sad that his playing time is really starting to dwindle to less and less each game.
  • Author
I have been a Grant County fan for a long time. There is no resentment towards Kinmon. He and his family are the ones that have to live with their decision to transfer to Walton. It is sad that his playing time is really starting to dwindle to less and less each game.

 

I believe that Kinmon is starting and playing significant minutes. Actually, his minutes are increasing. He was in the game at the end and made the free throws to put Walton ahead. Ultimately, Kinmon's free throws is what beat Grant. If he would have missed them, Grant would have won. Every play matters and some have more significance than others. This was one of them. However, if Grant wouldn't have fouled him on his 3 point attempt with 5 seconds left, we wouldn't be have this conversation. The foul on the shooter is what cost Grant the game. I agree with Marvel, it sounds like you have some resentment towards Kinmon.

One play can win or lose a game, that's why you always give 110% every possession. I figured someone who is basketball savy would understand the concept that every play matters. Just like Kinmon's two free throws that gave Walton the victory. I'm not suggesting Hicks is a better coach, Walton has better matchups at every position, experience, and more talent. If both teams play their best ball, Grant loses by double digits every time. I wasn't at the game, but from what I heard Grant out-played Walton in every phase of the game and still lost. Congratulations to Walton for winning the tournament, even though the competition was weak.
You don't know what you think you know! Simply put another "IDIOTIC" statement. Normal people see what happens on the court, 3 of you guys bash Grant and Coach Hicks every chance you get. Walton won a great ball game to watch from a fans perspective. Grant Co. is on the rise and we all know why! You were on this side of the fence last year and previous years until things didn't go your way! So to the true Walton Verona fans Congratulations on a great ball game and tournament championship! To the Grant County fans, Great job, keep working! Your players will be known as the group that brought the program back from the "Train Wreck" that it was in.

I am not defending anyone here and have no problems with Hicks or the players at Grant, I in fact support them and hope they win every game but BGCat that program was not a train wreck in years past and as a long time fan I resent the fact you would say that seeing how I had two sons play for all three coaches in the past 4 years. The kids at Grant and the coaches work hard. I wish Kinmon and Walton the best. Sounds like this was a great game and looks like the future match ups will be good ones to watch.

I respect your opinion.

I believe that Kinmon is starting and playing significant minutes. Actually, his minutes are increasing. He was in the game at the end and made the free throws to put Walton ahead. Ultimately, Kinmon's free throws is what beat Grant. If he would have missed them, Grant would have won. Every play matters and some have more significance than others. This was one of them. However, if Grant wouldn't have fouled him on his 3 point attempt with 5 seconds left, we wouldn't be have this conversation. The foul on the shooter is what cost Grant the game. I agree with Marvel, it sounds like you have some resentment towards Kinmon.
Kinmon is starting right now because McNeil has not been playing. When McNeil gets back healthy then he will be back in the starting lineup and his minutes will drop even more. My resentment is not towards Kinmon it is towards you madman and marvel for always bad mouthing our program. The players and coaches at Grant County work extremely hard and I think that it is starting to show with their play. They play as hard as any team that I have seen at Grant County in years.
Kinmon is starting right now because McNeil has not been playing. When McNeil gets back healthy then he will be back in the starting lineup and his minutes will drop even more. My resentment is not towards Kinmon it is towards you madman and marvel for always bad mouthing our program. The players and coaches at Grant County work extremely hard and I think that it is starting to show with their play. They play as hard as any team that I have seen at Grant County in years.

 

amen

The players and coaches at Grant County work extremely hard and I think that it is starting to show with their play. They play as hard as any team that I have seen at Grant County in years.

 

amen

Kinmon is starting right now because McNeil has not been playing. When McNeil gets back healthy then he will be back in the starting lineup and his minutes will drop even more. My resentment is not towards Kinmon it is towards you madman and marvel for always bad mouthing our program. The players and coaches at Grant County work extremely hard and I think that it is starting to show with their play. They play as hard as any team that I have seen at Grant County in years.

You can say what you want but make sure its factually accurate. I have refused to say anything negative about any player. You and bgcat have insulted a 17 year old numerous times. Its seriously pathetic.

Edited by marvel
sp

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.