Mercer County 19 Russell County 14

Big win for a Mercer County team that seemed to improve as the year went along. Don't read much into their loss to Dunbar last week because a classmate was killed in a car wreck right before the game.

Russell County now 2-21 all time in the playoffs. Must not be in the cards for the Lakers.

That's just awesome. Looks like Raines has Mercer headed in the right direction.

You had to believe Rains would have success there. That's a school that always produces a good amount of talent. I just didn't expect the success in this game.

I don't want to dig on the Laker fans that are on this board but in the BGP 4A rankings this season the Lakers fans kept asking for respect and to be ranked. By the end of the year they said forget it, don't worry about us and don't jump on our bandwagon now. All I can say is that this loss proved everyone right. For a team that claimed to be the best team in their district and deserving to be a top 10 team in 4A there is no excuse to lose to this Mercer County team. None.

Good luck next year. Despite this loss it looks like Russell County is laying the foundation for a good program moving forward. Learn from this loss and keep building.

Congrats to the Titans!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 3rd favorite team in the state. Things are definitely going in the right direction. This is just the beginning of a few years of success for the Mercer County football program. Loaded with young talent that is already on the field with more coming behind it. Good luck next week against LexCath. We will see how much you have improved since September next Friday. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not at the game, but a freind told me that their running back got nothing, and was hit behind the line most the night, Russel had to pass, and busted a few long plays on screens. I heard that Mercer just knocked Russel around all night??? Any details appreciated? Glad to see this team doing well, got some good coaches and kids there.