Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland player video

Featured Replies

First, let me say I do not condone vulgar language or actions. I am not a coach but I am friends with them and I am on staff as the team doctor and I have privy to inside information. I am not speaking out of turn or against anyone's wishes. I have actually cleared this through Coach Maynard before posting this information. That being said, I will list you the information item by item as I know them.

 

1. The video in question was made on or about the night of graduation this past Spring.

2. The people in this video includes only one current member of the team.

3. This video was made at a graduation party.

4. The "long necks" in the video belong to the seniors attending the party.

5. The coaches were made aware of this video and punishment was dealt with internally and privately.

6. This video was placed on the internet 4 months after the fact.

7. The parents have been made aware of the video.

8. Coach Maynard said if anyone needs clarification, please get in touch with him and he will speak to you man to man/face to face.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I have not nor will I watch this video.

Uh, what video?

  • Author

Apparently, some young men from our school decided to perform a rap song about Fairview (our district rival). It is supposedly vulgar, discriminating and would make a sailor blush.

Apparently, some young men from our school decided to perform a rap song about Fairview (our district rival). It is supposedly vulgar, discriminating and would make a sailor blush.

 

Should I assume this is getting a lot of talk going in the area?

Typical Maynard, no ones afraid of him...... and we have heard him himself screaming and dropping obscenities in front of small children. So the legal age to drink at Raceland graduation parties is 18.....tell our soldiers that. So as long as if its at a graduation party,promoting the drugs,gay trashing, socially deviate language is ok. Glad we are clear on this.

Edited by mcpapa

  • Author
Should I assume this is getting a lot of talk going in the area?

It is getting more play on BGP's mainly and was spoke of in the finals thread of the Raceland/Fairview game. As stated above, it is an old video that surfaced in the weeks leading up to the game and again, as stated above, was handled by the coaching staff when they found out about it.

Typical Maynard, no ones afraid of him...... Glad we are clear on this.
Maybe you should call Coach Maynard then like sidelinedoc said in his first post so he can explain it to you more clearly if you're that concerned about it.
  • Author
Typical Maynard, no ones afraid of him...... and we have heard him himself screaming and dropping f-bombs in front of small children. So the legal age to drink at Raceland graduation parties is 18.....tell our soldiers that. So as long as if its at a graduation party,promoting the drugs,gay trashing, socially deviate language is ok. Glad we are clear on this.

As I said, I am just puting out information. devilshelper, I am not sure why you are so upset. The kid in question was punished. Please tell me why you feel the need to continue to press this issue? If parents know about it, coaches punished the kid and the issues were dealt with, why the need to bash Coach Maynard? Believe me, this school and the athletic dept. are embarrassed and also upset because this does not reflect what these boys and the student body are taught. As far as 18 year olds drinking.........we all know it is illegal but don't throw stones...........this is something all schools deal with and have as long as I can remember. Just think of Spring break last year or the year before when the Cincy area kid fell from a balcony window of a party where they were drinking. He died before he got the chance to go to Notre Dame and play college ball. The only problem is that now there are social networks, video recording cell phones, etc. I don't know how we fix all the world's ills but I can say it isn't from bashing people, especially since they did address the problem. I take it you will only be happy with expulsion or worse?????

Seems strange of what the true facts may be. Did Marcus go self-report the video before the season and get himself in trouble? Who published the videos? .....and timimg is everything. Someone went to the coaches and stated a such video exists? and it gets published week of Fairview game? Think the Raceland Ram family is getting hard to belive on this. That coaching stafff found out when everyone else did. I think most of the time, the truth will set you free. So Raceland School District still takes an out of district student who does all this and condones underage drinking.....after they graduate of course. Once its published its out there, although it removed, if it was truly a mistake,a video apologizing to all offended would be in order.

Edited by mcpapa

The video appears to have been removed.

I call shenanigans on the cover story, just seems that the video was made, and not many are going to go self-report something so demeaning to so many. If it was made in May then it sure looked like 3-4 in the room, so no one done anything and the video gets released right before the Fairview game. May have been a party....but where were the graduates? 3-4 people in most,counting the offenders. Say the cover story is true,out of the 3-4, nothing was done to insure it wasnt published? no it was taken down after many from the Wood raised cane, but really all women,gays,anti-dope users should be offended......and were. Once its published its out there. Now the whole story wreaks ,so should Coach maynard apologize to all offended now or what? Seems once the anti-gay,drug promoting, etc was out there and Maynard knew, Raceland School District had an option of letting the student attend.......and they did. On SEONEPREPS other Ram supporters thought the student should be suspended....period. Many! see, its out there,not by me,but Marcus and Bubba the Rams coaching staff are part of the problem and not the solution. If I were in charge and our star player did the same,they would be off the team.....and surely if I had a say out of my district....and Raceland had the choice. Raceland has no right to say they stand for values anymore,although they really just fought with Fairview and GC on that. Win Win Win at all costs! and this season is about over. I do wish the student the best, but where did he learn such? I did read he has great parents. Guess in the haste to put the beer on the invisable others and blame graduates, forgot about the drinking age....21. That whole issue and which read seonepreps.com sickens many,who aspire for Raceland to be better than the rest. A whole weekend and thats the best they got? maybe a chronological 1-10 lists need to be up to show how much bull there is to the cover. Insulting to everyones intelligence, not ragging on sidelinedoc, thats what he was told

Edited by mcpapa

  • Author

DH, once again, the punishment of this took place way before you became aware of this. I am really tired of explaining it. This party occurred after school was out and so it was handled with and against the only one still affiliated with the school and by the only school activity meeting and active; the football team. It was handled and handled privately. I do not know who or how the video ended up posted in the past few weeks. I am sorry that you can't accept what has transpired and how it was handled. I have tried to help explain it by posting the facts as told to me by the people involved. Again, if you don't like how Coach Maynard handled it, don't hide behind a user name. Contact me via PM and I'll arrange a meeting.

Devilshelper as I said in the previous thread I think you are being a little hard on high school kids in this instance. No one is saying the video wasn't made or published in poor judgement, but if Coach Maynard says the problem has been dealt with long ago then I don't see why one would question it.

  • Author

Why would suspension be appropriate now? He was punished when it took place. I don't know who reported it but Coach Maynard found out. Again, I'm not sure why you feel the need to be PA, judge and jury but trust me, it was handled. Enough said.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.