Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most Consistent Team In Mountains Last 20 Years?

Featured Replies

Probably a little biased here, but I have to put a strong argument in for Bell. Rock, Corbin, Middlesboro, and maybe a few others......, but I think this has really been Bell's stomping ground the last few decades.

Breathitt was down this past year but they have been a very consistent team in their district and region.

  • Author

True. They were impressive for quite a while also, but I don't think they were quite on the same level.

Probably a little biased here, but I have to put a strong argument in for Bell. Rock, Corbin, Middlesboro, and maybe a few others......, but I think this has really been Bell's stomping ground the last few decades.

 

The last twenty years, I would have to take Bell Co., but if you went back 5 more years..............it would swing to Corbin.

Belfry has played in 4 State Title Games and lost two Semi games during the last 20 years! Thats not bad and may be the best in the Mountains during this period of time!

 

1985 lost a state title!

1986 lost a state title!

1989 lost in the semi to Highlands (which went on to win a title)

2003 won AA Title

2004 won AA Title

2005 lost semi to Russell ( Which went on to win a title)

  • Author

Corbin was always a tuff one.

  • Author

Belfry........almost forgot them. They definetly are in the top three.

Ashland,Bell, Belfrey,Breathitt,Corbin,Lawrence,Prestonsburg,Pikeville,Rockcastle and Russell.

That would be my top 10 right off my head. Some of these programs have had a couple of bad years but most of them have been solid. Russell is probably the most consistant I think. I would take Pikeville in the 80's, Lawrence Co in the 90's and Belfrey in the 00's. All of them have great tradition and a lot to be proud of.

  • Author

That would be great........except I said Mountain(as in Southeastern)teams.

  • Author

Meant more for S.E.K.C.

  • Author

I'll take Bell's record over those teams in the last twenty years.

Those teams are a listed as mountain teams. Bell Co is your team so it's all good. That was just my opinion. Who are your top 10?

  • Author

1. Belfry

2. Bell

3. Rock

4. Corbin

5. Middlesboro

6. Leslie

Belfry has to get the nod I guess. Bell's record is certainly comprable, but they just can't seem to get it done against the Northern teams that they must always face come playoff time. Maybe one day Bell will learn how to throw the ball and become a little more diverse. All those years that they had a dominate defense, but no offensive prowess. Just three yards and a cloud of dust.

  • Author

I live in FL now, so I'm not sure who is considered "mountain" anymore. I guess I'm going off memories of my time there.

If state titles are the mark, then Breathitt & Belfry are your teams.

 

Belfry had a 4-6 & a 6-6 year, which many on Pond Creek would just assume forget about. Breathitt's last year and a couple of others were comparably bad. All in all, I'd say Bell Co. has been in contention on a regular basis year in and year out, but titles for Belfry & Breathitt give them the overall advantage.

 

But what do I know? :p

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.