Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 30 Jaguars 20

Featured Replies

How do the coaches not challenge the call that the Jags QB stepped out of bounds on his fumble at the goal line. It was on their side of the field and surely someone was watching. The replay showed he never stepped out or was even close to stepping out.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the ball hit the pylon it was OB, thus it would've been the Jags ball on the 1 had they challenged.

When the ball hit the pylon it was OB, thus it would've been the Jags ball on the 1 had they challenged.

 

When I saw the ball on the pylon play I was thinking, if it had been reversed, it would have been a touchback. Bengals get the ball on the Jax 20.

 

Even against a bad team, a road win in the NFL is a big deal. Dalton and Green will be fun to watch. The defense in general and Rey in particular was very good after the first drive. On the other side, what is the deal with Tate. He continues to make bad decisions (at least he didn't fair catch the punt he fielded at the 4 yesterday). His decision making on kickoffs isn't much better. I think he is a major downgrade from Quan and will play himself off of the field. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

When the ball hit the pylon it was OB, thus it would've been the Jags ball on the 1 had they challenged.

 

Are you sure about that? I know if someone hits the pylon with the ball then they count it as crossing the goal line for a touchdown. So if a ball is fumbled and hits the pylon, wouldn't it count as then being a touchback since a pylon is considered as breaking the plain of the goal line?

 

I never seen it happen before, but that is just what I think it would have been.

^I'm going by what the announcer on the game said. I've never seen it happen either. :idunno:

Now for the game, it wasn't always pretty but all that matters is that they won! Dalton made some big plays, and so did the defense in the red zone.

 

Also has anyone else noticed the Bengals actually have done well on challenges this year (knock on wood). Not only that they have been more aggresive this year. I think a part of that has to do with Gruden being on the field with him. Our game management besides going for two in the Denver game has been ten times better this year by Marvin. In the past Marvin does the conservative route and kicks a field goal and tries to rely on his defense to get the ball back. However today he decides to go for it, and it pays off. Which Marvin even said Gruden helped talk him into it. I think Gruden has probably helped him out more than once this year in game management. Because this year Marvin has actually been aggressive and has made some smart decisions for a change this year.

 

Gruden is definitely a huge part of the difference; I believe that's recognized by many.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.