October 10, 201114 yr Yes. They were pointing out he was murdered. Quite frankly, I didn't know that his dad was murdered when he was young. People are blaming Tipton but the fault lies with the H-L editorial staff, who decided the change was needed. I still think it is an overreaction on both sides.
October 10, 201114 yr Is UK blackballing Darrell Bird? He mentioned the murder in his profile piece on Gilchrist in the TCP Yearbook.
October 10, 201114 yr Is UK blackballing Darrell Bird? He mentioned the murder in his profile piece on Gilchrist in the TCP Yearbook. It's not that they mentioned the murder. It's the fact that they didn't ask the question the way they reported it being asked. I'm assuming Gilchrist would've answered the question completely differently had it been worded the proper way. It's not that difficult to grasp. Although I think it's more of a case of you ignoring that because it doesn't fit your agenda.
October 10, 201114 yr It's not that they mentioned the murder. It's the fact that they didn't ask the question the way they reported it being asked. I'm assuming Gilchrist would've answered the question completely differently had it been worded the proper way. It's not that difficult to grasp. Although I think it's more of a case of you ignoring that because it doesn't fit your agenda. :thumb: Spin and deflect.
October 10, 201114 yr It's not that they mentioned the murder. It's the fact that they didn't ask the question the way they reported it being asked. I'm assuming Gilchrist would've answered the question completely differently had it been worded the proper way. It's not that difficult to grasp. Although I think it's more of a case of you ignoring that because it doesn't fit your agenda. So, if the article had used a statement of something like "Michael's father was killed at the age of 30 from multiple gunshot wounds." And then led with a question of "You were 2 when your dad died. How did that affect you?" you'd have a problem with that, too?
October 10, 201114 yr Aside from the context of the question being changed, it was definitely an awkward line of questions.
October 10, 201114 yr So, if the article had used a statement of something like "Michael's father was killed at the age of 30 from multiple gunshot wounds." And then led with a question of "You were 2 when your dad died. How did that affect you?" you'd have a problem with that, too? Why would they report a question they didn't ask? You're attributing an answer given to a different question to something that wasn't asked. That's irresponsible and not even close to being an accurate or factual portrayal of the interview. If they wanted to say, "Mike, you're father was killed from multiple gunshot wounds when you were two, how did that affect you?" then that's what should have been asked. It's simple, don't word a question differently when you report it than when you ask the question.
October 10, 201114 yr Is UK blackballing Darrell Bird? He mentioned the murder in his profile piece on Gilchrist in the TCP Yearbook. Really Jim?
October 10, 201114 yr I guess I just don't understand why the HL felt the need to change the question. There was nothing wrong with the origional question. Actually to me it was much more appropriate than the fabricated one.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.