Fantasy Phenom's QB Start 'Em/Sit 'Em Week 5

Start Em

Matthew Stafford - Not only is Stafford rolling, with multiple touchdown tosses in all four games and an average of 311 yards per game; he gets to face a Chicago secondary that's surrendering similar yardage and has served up two three-TD games already this year.

Philip Rivers - Rivers threw for four TDs in the first meeting with the Broncos last year, then went for 313 yards but was shut out in the rematch. He's been north of 300 yards in three of four this season, while Denver has surrendered 300-plus and multiple TDs in three straight. If Rivers has Vincent Jackson at his disposal a monster day is a lock; otherwise, it's only somewhat assured.

Michael Vick - Not only have the Bills allowed passing touchdowns in every game this season, an average of two per contest, they’ve also given up two QB rushing scores. Vick has yet to cross the stripe as a runner this season, but you know it’s coming. He does have three multi-TD games in four outings and is fresh off a 416-yard performance last week; another big day is in the offing here.

Sit Em

Ben Roethlisberger - Big Ben is nursing a foot injury, which makes him a sketchy start at best against a Tennessee defense that's held three foes under 200 passing yards and allowed a total of four passing TDs on the year. Start looking now for a more viable option.

Blaine Gabbert - The rookie is still looking for his first 200-yard game and his first multi-touchdown outing as well. Neither is likely to come against a surprising Bengals secondary that’s pitched back-to-back shutouts and held all four opponents under 215 passing yards.

Matt Cassel - Cassel has failed to put up starter-worthy numbers in any game this season, ranking no higher than 19th in any single week. Now he faces an Indy secondary that hasn’t allowed multiple TD tosses in a game this season in a rematch of last year’s Week 5 loss that saw him throw for 156 yards and zero scores. Nothing in that last sentence suggests he’s worthy of a fantasy start.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Start Em's:

Alex Smith vs. Tampa Bay - Curtis Painter put up nearly 300 yards and 2 TDs against the Bucs secondary on Monday Night. Short turnaround week, and I look for Smith to have another big day.

Kevin Kolb @ Minnesota - The Vikings are just awful. Their defense even found a way to make Matt Cassell a solid fantasy option last week. Kolb and Fitzgerald should have a big day picking on these guys.

Mark Sanchez @ NE - He was terrible against the Ravens, just awful. However, NE has the worst secondary in the league. Any QB that faces them is a must play

My Start Em's:

Alex Smith vs. Tampa Bay - Curtis Painter put up nearly 300 yards and 2 TDs against the Bucs secondary on Monday Night. Short turnaround week, and I look for Smith to have another big day.

If only Drew Brees was on a bye week, he'd be getting a start for the Florence Fighters.

My Start Em's:

Kevin Kolb @ Minnesota - The Vikings are just awful. Their defense even found a way to make Matt Cassell a solid fantasy option last week. Kolb and Fitzgerald should have a big day picking on these guys.

Mark Sanchez @ NE - He was terrible against the Ravens, just awful. However, NE has the worst secondary in the league. Any QB that faces them is a must play

Kolb is the only one I agree could have a decent week.

Who is Smith going to throw it to that's as good as the Indy receivers?

Sanchez, seriously? You just lost all fantasy credibility you had. Which I'm sure wasn't much.