Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 2011/2012

Featured Replies

What does Scott need to do to improve in 2011/2012? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

It will be interesting to see this year. There is potential. They are very young in spots. Stinson inside will be a key as will finding a consistent shooter and point guard. There are some young players who could fill those roles.

Who are some of the young girls that will see playing time this year?

^ Long-time listener, first-time caller. Howdy!

Who are some of the young girls that will see playing time this year?

Jenna Trimpe, Briana Katinic, and Dulci Gurley

I had heard through the grapevine that a 6th grader would be playing at the high school level. Is there any truth to this rumor?

Yes there is a 6th grader playing at Scott, don't know if she will get varsity time. They will be young as 3 players who would have seen significant time ( a junior and two sophomores, all of whom started at least one game last year) decided not to return to the team and have left the program. There is some talent at Scott....for some reason they just don't stick with the program, and they have to keep dipping into the middle schools to bring up girls that really aren't ready to fill numbers.

 

Of the three players mentioned, Trimpe will be good. The other two wont have much of an impact this year.

Are there any 8th graders playing up for the Scott program instead of at Woodland?

No 8th graders playing up. There were several that were asked, but they wanted to stay together. That group is pretty talented, and only lost 2 games last year as 7th graders. The 6th grader playing up probably couldn't start on the 8th grade team. She's good but it's a big jump from elemtary school ball to high school ball.

I definitely agree that Jenna Trimpe will be a positive impact to the Scott Lady Eagles. She impressed me last year as an 8th grader. Glad to hear that she is coming back. I hear that she is a pretty good volleyball player as well.

 

And as to losing players, that's a shame, it really is. I do know the 2 sophomores that they are losing, not sure about the junior. But, honestly, it does not surprise me in the slightest as to why they are losing players.

 

And, I think that is great that the 8th grade team is staying together. Way back when my daughter played, she had the opportunity to move up as an 8th grader and play some freshman and JV ball, but she chose to stay with her 8th grade team, and I know that she does not regret her decision.

I definitely agree that Jenna Trimpe will be a positive impact to the Scott Lady Eagles. She impressed me last year as an 8th grader. Glad to hear that she is coming back. I hear that she is a pretty good volleyball player as well.

 

And as to losing players, that's a shame, it really is. I do know the 2 sophomores that they are losing, not sure about the junior. But, honestly, it does not surprise me in the slightest as to why they are losing players.

 

And, I think that is great that the 8th grade team is staying together. Way back when my daughter played, she had the opportunity to move up as an 8th grader and play some freshman and JV ball, but she chose to stay with her 8th grade team, and I know that she does not regret her decision.

 

It's sad that a school of Scott's size can't keep girls in the program. The junior probably would have filled the role Taylor Jackson had last year playing key defensive minutes. She led the JV team in minutes last year and had one varsity start.

It's sad that a school of Scott's size can't keep girls in the program. The junior probably would have filled the role Taylor Jackson had last year playing key defensive minutes. She led the JV team in minutes last year and had one varsity start.

I could not agree with you more, but I don't see that change happening any time in the near future. Is the junior not playing because she plays another sport?

She plays volleyball, but apparently has just was not happy playing basketball. The other two play volleyball as well, but I don't think that's why they left either. Whatever the reason(s), it seems to be a pattern. Last years team should have been much better...that senior class was a top team at the middle school level, but only two stayed in the program through high school (Tibbs and Jackson). They constantly have to reach into Woodland...there are a few girls playing up every year, and really, none have developed into even above average players. I think it's an especially bad idea to play a 6th grader, even at the freshman level. Overall, the program seems to be heading in the wrong direction.

Well, there is lot more that could be said. But I do wish the Lady Eagles success this year, and hope for the best.

 

And yes, you are right, there was a ton of talent within that senior class that graduated this past year.

Shouldn't the Buntin young lady play a role on this tears team? I seen her play in AAU and heard she went to Scott.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.