Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott Coaching Thoughts

Featured Replies

I know, I know. This is kind of a copy off the SK coaching thought but i thought this would be a good idea to bring up.

With Roberts leaving, who should Scott try and go after? Thoughts?

B----w--D HC

 

Would be a good hire, but not sure Bob would be interested. He has a pretty good thing going in Fort Mitchell.

 

From my vantage point 100 miles away, I'd like to see Brad Arlinghaus. The timing probably wouldn't allow it, but I like what he's done in Hebron.

Why would those guys leave their current varsity head job for the Scott job? Both would be taking a step down in my opinion. No disrespect to Scott.

Would be a good hire, but not sure Bob would be interested. He has a pretty good thing going in Fort Mitchell.

 

From my vantage point 100 miles away, I'd like to see Brad Arlinghaus. The timing probably wouldn't allow it, but I like what he's done in Hebron.

 

I can't imagine Arlo leaving Conner for Scott.

  • Author

I heard that Mr.Trame, a teacher at SHS, is the most likely person to get the job right now.

I've heard the same over the last 24 hours, SS. I know Trame is a good guy and would give his all to the program, but I'm not a fan of fathers coaching their sons in HS. Isn't his boy in the program? IMO, Scott admin owes it to the community to do a broader search. You never know who might be out there looking.

His son is in the eigth grade and know Jeff personaly, He's not the kind of guy who thinks his son is the greatest and will play him over others. He will make him earn it just like every other kid.

I've heard the same over the last 24 hours, SS. I know Trame is a good guy and would give his all to the program, but I'm not a fan of fathers coaching their sons in HS. Isn't his boy in the program? IMO, Scott admin owes it to the community to do a broader search. You never know who might be out there looking.

If you think Jeff Trame would give his son special treatment, then you don't know Jeff. His son is an 8th grader, and is a very good baseball player and will do well whether his dad coaches him or not. He is a great coach and has led one of the top SWOL teams in Northern Ky over the last 5 years. 4 of these kids are in or will be in the program. Coach Trame will also surround himself with great people. If this works out, this is the right move for Scott.

I never said Jefd wasn't a great coach, nor did I say anything about the caliber of his son. I said that I'm not a fan of fathers coaching their sons at that level. It puts both of them in an awkward position. The school community deserves a broad search. Given the timing, he may very well be the best candidate. If so, I'll be the first to cheer him on

Any thoughts on Coach Rob Sawyers at Villa Madonna? I have heard that Coach Sawyers has had success coaching at the JV levels at Conner and at Scott. Sawyers and his assistant coach left the Scott JV program to break into the varsity level at Villa. Villa has to be a challenge to coach with the lack of talent, but it always seems like Sawyers has had his men prepared to play regardless of who the opponent is. According to KHSAA, Villa still played the big schools.

  • Author

As of 2:30 today, Mr.Trame is Scott's Varsity Head Coach.

As of 2:30 today, Mr.Trame is Scott's Varsity Head Coach.

 

He'll do a fine job for Scott.

As of 2:30 today, Mr.Trame is Scott's Varsity Head Coach.

 

Thought I read in today's paper that the job was not even going to be posted until October 1st. ??????

 

But if he was named the coach today, congratulations to Jeff, I think he will do a great job.

If you think Jeff Trame would give his son special treatment, then you don't know Jeff. His son is an 8th grader, and is a very good baseball player and will do well whether his dad coaches him or not. He is a great coach and has led one of the top SWOL teams in Northern Ky over the last 5 years. 4 of these kids are in or will be in the program. Coach Trame will also surround himself with great people. If this works out, this is the right move for Scott.

 

What team is that?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.