Portsmouth East (OH) 66 Raceland 44

sidelinedoc

I was afraid of Raceland having a let down after last weeks big emotional win but in no way did I think that they would get blown out like this. All one can say is that we got our butts handed back to us. Congrats to the Portsmouth East squad. Rams, you have to come to play every time out.

Put this one behind you, come back in on Monday and be ready to get to work. Lawrence County (in the Dawg pound) is up next. Another road game (#5 of 5 in a row) and another tough test for the now 2-3 Rams.

I am looking foward to hearing about this one from Ram, Doc. 68 and the crew. Hopefully there were no injuries tonight.

Congrats to Portsmouth East they had one great looking OB. Also the running back number 25 was quick. Any good places to eat in Lawrence County ? The rams will pick it up and get it going just keep your heads up boys. I have to say the ramfans will be in big numbers where ever the boys play. Good luck to both teams.

Rasceland scored 44pt.. Did we do that against backups or were we way behind before our kids realized they had to play?

I'm in the stands and I don't know the east team. But imo we scored almost all of our points against the starters of PE. I don't think they did much subbing till the last six or seven minutes.

Portsmouth East has two very fast and HARD runners. Small backs with very big hearts! They won't go down unless you take them down. We didn't do that. They bounced off our team and kept running. They hit our corners hard. And at times were never touched. And when they wanted to throw they just threw over our backs. I was impressed with the speed and how hard PE played. Because they were small. But hit hard. I was disappointed in our overall effort. We had some who gave it all! But it takes a total team effort. Caudill wanted it. He run hard and hit on defense. Didn't see him get chewed many times so I doubt he made many mistakes. Our QB ran better when called on. He ran hard. He also had a couple nice passes dropped. He was under a lot of pressure at times and made mistakes. Our line and backs have to do a better job protecting him. And we have to catch it when it hits our hands! Lots of missed assignments on defense. Good teams will make you look bad. But I don't think they were that good! We helped them out on offense and defense!!

I know Messer was having medical issues. And I don't know his status. But if and when he can come back just can't be soon enough. As a 9th grader he is one of our biggest playmakers on both sides of the ball. We need somebody to put a fire under these players at times. (mentally) Way to many mental mistakes!! jmo..

This game is history...a bad night. You pull a few things from it, forget about it, and move on. It doesn't affect our season goals of a district and regional championship, and different teams present different matchup problems/scenerios. we will not see an athlete as good as #7 (Creager) the rest of our schedule.

I was very disappointed in this game. I had heard rumors from different sources throughout the week that East was being viewed as a pushover and that our starters would only play the first half, boy was that false. Our defense looked totally lost as if East had just installed a new offense. The kid from East was one heck of a runner and defender, this team had half as many kids as we do and played twice as hard. I don't understand this all or nothing defense that we run, what ever happend to coming under control once to you break the line of scrimmage? What was up with the hole in the middle of the defense that was large enough to drive a semi through? I hope we fix this before Fariview comes to town or their backs will eat us alive.

At times we looked great on offense and had no problem moving the ball against them, several dropped passes and three and outs killed us. I was glad to see that our OC was opening the playbook up some, I think that is going to be a must. I still don't understand why we don't try some routes across the middle of the field, it is almost wide open and we have two big bruisers with soft hands that could make mince meat of opposing DBs. I think no. 12 needs more touches in the back field, he runs hard, all the time and isn't afraid to take a hit.

What is up with our special teams over the past couple of years? We had a couple of major blunders in this game. The muffed punt on the fair catch by East really took the wind out of our sails, it was probably the turning point of the game. It's hard for kids to see a fair catch is called, pull up and then try to make a play, tough one there. Then we had the two kids who ran into each on what I thought was going to be a good return. The one that got me the most was after we forced them to punt, the punt was somewhat ugly and the ball was bouncing all over, you got to get away from it at that point and let it be what it's going to be, the touchdown that followed that play was probably the nail in the coffin.

Just my two cents.

This game is history...a bad night. You pull a few things from it, forget about it, and move on. It doesn't affect our season goals of a district and regional championship, and different teams present different matchup problems/scenerios. we will not see an athlete as good as #7 (Creager) the rest of our schedule.

Well said. That is all a team can do. Dwell on it and you will lose this week, Ports. East will have beaten you twice.

I hope not. # 25 was a darn good runner also!